The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

How do I remove the Control Locked light which prevents starting

After the power returned from the hurrican, the Control Locked light was on. Tried everything to remove or override but nothing worked. What can I do short of calling a repair man?

Thank you. It worked for me.

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

I had the same problem due to an electrical outage here, I forget the fix, but it's in the manual, scary, but simple fix.

Hi i have the same problem and did not have any success in having any light or sound but the control lock light on. As soon I touch any thing else it will flash 4 times and back to steady that’s it. Any other suggestions? I unplugged it twice already!

I mistakenly tried to turn resolve this by hitting the control lock and when nothing happened I assumed there was a problem. If you press and hold control lock until it counts down 3,2,1 and then off. This turns it off.

Howard Lowitt, hope everything else is okay after the hurricane. Anyhow, try this first. Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL for 3 seconds until the CONTROL LOCKED Status light turns off. If that does not do it, try putting the machine into diagnostic mode.

DIAGNOSTIC TEST

The washer must be empty and the control must be in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to start the test.

Starting the Test Mode

■ Close the door.

■ Push CONTROL/ON (if present on this model).

■ Select the DRAIN/SPIN cycle.

■ Select NO SPIN by pressing the SPIN SPEED touch-pad.

■ Push PREWASH OPTION four times within five seconds. (If PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press EXTRA RINSE four times within five seconds.) C:00 will light up on the display.

If the Starting procedure fails, push the PAUSE/CANCEL touch-pad, then repeat the starting procedure.

Test Program Control

In order to advance to the next step of the test procedure, push PREWASH OPTION touch-pad two times. If PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press EXTRA RINSE two times.

If that does not work, or if if it won't enter diagnostic mode, then you may need to replace the main control board. You can get the service manual from here. You can also find plenty of information on here and here as well. Hope this helps, good luck. Stay safe....

I tried your sequence to reset my machine and it worked!!! Thank you so much.

AS soon as I hit the drain spin button the Control Locked button went off. THANKS!

Yes, this worked - thanks!

Holding the "End of Cycle Signal" worked for us on our 2008 Duet Whirlpool. Thanks so much!!! 7/9/17 - the Whitelys

OMG! IT WORKED! YOU ARE A GENIUS IN MY BOOK! I was about to call a repairman on a Sunday, can't believe I am not going to spenD that money I don't have! Glad to be a member of this valuable site!!! THANK YOU!

Mine was the "Drain/Spin" button and the "Start" button at the same time.

I tried holding the control lock for 3 sec it blinked then stayed on and it won’t let me turn on any other buttons

Press and hold the drain/spin cycle button for 4 seconds should do the trick

Thank you. Been working on this for three days! I love you.

On my front loader I had to press and hold the control lock button until it beeped then the LOC light popped off

I held down the "control Lock" button on my front loader until it beeped. A few seconds then the LOC error popped off. It happens a lot when I accidentally lean or touch the front of the machine which happens with almost no intent. Plays the on/off tune then powers on or off. This is a design flaw if you ask me.

Thank you, that worked for me, Lisa.

I had to push Add steam button and start. Automatically corrected it and was able to wash clothes and finish tidying up!

my GE machine needed me to hold both warm rinse an d auto soak (the 2 of which locked controls in the first place) for about 10 seconds...now working fine.

Not an answer. Control lock goes off intermittently and returns. It will go off after any button is pushed for three seconds except the end of cycle button.

Chris Werner. Is it a question? Something like "Why does the Control lock go off intermittently and returns?"

Sorry, I was following the questions and answers that preceded - The last one was, "Was this answer helpful? None of these worked so are not the answer for my situation. Unplugging for extended period worked for a bit but it beeped intermittently throughout. Now that doesn't work either. I have tried all of the button combinations. Can't get it into diagnostic mode.

Question: does it need a new control unit, perhaps?

The control board is locked.it starts up but i cant choose anything.actually buttons don't work.what should I do?need help

Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. :) [url=http://balltoyou.com][size=1px]ดูบอล[/size][/url] :J

Had mice enter the control panel and fray the wires. After making the repairs, the control lock light was on and no suggestions here would fix. Holding the spin speed button and end of cycle signal button for 4 seconds worked however!

Howard Lowitt will be eternally grateful.