Released in 2003, the iBook G4 replaced the iBook G3 as Apple's portable consumer computer.

How to create a new image without administrator log in

I have researched online and I have a bunch of G4s that I want to re-image to use in a school. The problem is that I do not know the admin user or password. If I have the disk how can I reinstall it without password? I have tried holding down C when rebooting but that does not work either. Help please!!!!!!!!!

Try holding down the "option" key at startup, it should boot to the boot manager where, if the disc is compatible and bootable, it will show up and you can then select to boot to it. Hope this helps!

Also, keep in mind that if holding down the option key at startup produces a picture of a padlock, then the machine has an open firmware password applied, and this password will need to be cleared before it's possible to re-image the machine (see other iFixit posts on how to do this).

Michael Dunagan will be eternally grateful.