Car and Truck

Repair manuals and support for 4-wheeled passenger and cargo vehicles.

How to change oil and oil filter on the Renault Modus 1.2

So I need to change engine oil and oil filter in my Renault Modus 1.2 16V.

Opening the hood there is no apparent oil filter and perhaps I should try to access it from underneath or perhaps take apart a few parts under the hood for easy access in the engine. Any ideas?

Hello fellow reno modus mugs yes I bought one last week even if you go onto YouTube for any information the most you will get is how to change a light bulb via taking the front off the car and taking out the wheel arches, the Renault forums are no different ,apparently you need a special tool to take the filter off and its a problem because there is little or no room , does your drivers door drop and clunk when you shut it ? That's considered normal ,just to get to the front strut you have to take off the bulkhead covers and the complete wiper assembly ,these cars are made for dealer only servicing with inflated prices ,one person was quoted £650 to change the cambelt and water pump ,had I have known this before I would never have bought one !

by Peter Hicks

Most Helpful Answer

Nick, check the images and see if that looks familiar.

that is for the J77, y D4F, y 740

and the next one for the J77 K9K engine

and here are the drain plug locations

Here is a decent write up. Hope this helps, good luck.

Hey - where did you find the schematics for j77 - have been hunting high and low for them...cheers

by Henry

Nick will be eternally grateful.