The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

My playstation 3 is stuck 99% while updating!

I have to update my playstation (Update 4.10) i have updated it, and it freezes at 99 and i wait for it, it says i have error code 8002f310. I'm too young to know anything about that, but if i send it to sony, do i pay online ?

My PS3 says the system could not be run correctly so I got my usb PS3>UPDATE>then the download. It recognised the the file and said install update 4.80 or later. after 30min it said it is taking longer to install and got stuck on 99%. The same message came up again. Please help me I don't want to lose any memory or data on it.

I got good news and bad news. The best thing you can do is download the patch on your PC. Take a USB stick and format that as FAT32. Created a directory called PS3 and then a directory in there called UPDATE. Throw the downloaded patch in that directory which will now allow you to update teh PS3 without downloading the file from the internet. Thats the good news.

On the bad side, you have to take the drive out of your PS3 and format it on a computer so that the PS3 no longer recognizes it as a valid drive for it. Once that is done then you just pop it back into your PS3 along with teh USB stick in the port and follow the on-screen instructions. That will fix your console up and proceed through the update without issues.

I have had three of those type of systems come through my door in the past week. I charge $30 to get it out of the loop doing exactly as I just described.

Good luck!

soummv will be eternally grateful.