0

linda
1

iPhone 4 is working but screen is black?

so yesterday i dropped my phone and it was working fine when i picked it up to check it,, a few minutes later the screen goes black. it was still working because i was receiving phone calls and texts and mail, i even took a picture with it. i tried to hold the home and lock button, i tried holding the lock button while constantly pressing the home button, but i think the problem with this is that my home button barely worked when my phone did work anyway. i tried to reset it AND put it in dfu mode. nothing is working :( note that i cant take it to the shop because its jailbroken

Same thing has happened to mine so I restored it and my screen is still black and I can still hear everything. What do I do?

michal ,

5

pollytintop

You may have bumped the LCD connector off in the drop. To take the back glass off is easy and you don't have to do anything fiddly like removing screws etc inside the phone. You'll need a pentalobe screwdriver for taking the back off but that's it. Follow the guide for LCD repair linked under the phone to the right. Skip all the steps about taking out the board etc and locate the LCD connector...should be second from the left (digitiser is on top of it) Just give it a good push back into place and then retest/turn back on.

Worked for me taking the back off then the black plate at the top of the phone and pushed all the visible connectors down one clicked and hay presto the phone now works :) Thanks very much saved me a fortune My daughters iPhone 4 was working but the screen was just black!

Joanne Miles,

just put it upside down give a smack on its back and it will be ok

rafay mir,

as suggested previously,just took back plate off and pushed everything down a few times, and it worked! Thanks so much for advice.

mmelibrarian,

Your option worked for me. For people not having the right screw driver. Use a nail to take button screws of.

Barney,

thanks alot i also have the same problem i thought it was totally broked down,still i can feel the vibration of my phone and i can also here its sounds,the thing is its all blacked out!..iv read your threads on how to fix it,totally works! thanks for all the suggestion it may sure help other users with the same problem..more powers thanks a lot!

damayoonin,

17

Dan
205

do not panic at all. if you can still here the sounds and if the phone is still working but the screen is black just do this:

hold the home and lock button together at the same time for 10-15 seconds and you'll see the apple logo. that will work 100% unless there is something seriously wrong :) hope i helped!

Dan that worked for me. thank you

maryann ,

Thanks a ton.. holding it for 10-15 seconds works !! Regards Akkum

akkum,

This happened to me and holding the top and bottom buttons together worked I had new screen by a cheap repair shop and its never been the same since. Need new phone nut at least it works now

michelle askwith,

i got the same issues and by holding home and lock button togather it comes back. thnx maryann

Waqas Ismail,

I tried the home and lock button solution- it worked! I'm very happy. Thank you

mark murphy,

1

abhishek
13

dont panic just hold the home and lock button for 10-20 seconds and ur phone will restarr

this problem is just due to some problem in os

or whn ur phone is dropped smwhere

in my case holding these buttons actually worked..!

If ur phone doesnt restart holding the lock and home button cuz I replaced my Iphone 4 screen with the ifixitrepairs and my screen is black and that method you I saw you guys do it dont work for my phone

johnbundy9395,

super super sir its really working thank u so much ..../..

Darshan Naidu,

1

krishna
13

Even I too had a problem of screen blank, however, all the functions were working but no display.

Remedy was held the lock & button for few seconds and it became ok.

The problem was,it was gone to sleep mode due to too many applications were open.

To close the many applications, just click two times of home button and swipe upward all the applications. thats it.

Regards

rgk

9379190171

Edited by: krishna ( )

0

patrickswalls
43

Even though it is jailbroken, Apple still has to service it for any hardware issues. If you can reseat the LCD and digitizer cable, that may fix the issue. Otherwise it probably needs a new screen assembly. While you're at it, might as well fix the home button too while you're down there. But if it's in warranty, Apple should replace it for free unless it is clearly physically damaged.

Pat

iFix SB

0

Melissa
1

Quick Solution:

My iPhone is the same, i can here that its working and can use Siri to text and make all my calls, but the screen is completely black until it randomly came back one day. Now the same issue has happened again this is the 3rd time actually but I've figured out a way which fixes it instantly...

.

Just hold the home button and tell Siri to turn up your screen brightness and its back!

.

Only works for Iphone 4+ you may also need IOS7. So connect to computer and update then try again. Hope this has helped some of you.

when my iPhone is black screen and working the sound. when I hold power botton and home bottom and I say tell siri turn up your screen brightness it work now I can see may application and other thank you very much for posting that

Albari Yap,

0

david chase
187

You can check the internal connectors beneath EMI shield if they are properly connected or not. If not they you may need to order a new replacement screen and replace it by watching some online YouTube tutorials.

David - I think adding anything here is a bit of a waste look how old the Question is and the level score the answer from Polly has. Clearly its the more logical.

Dan,

0

jimmy
1

i replaced a phone that was water damaged did a clean of the mother board with solution then replaced the screen and replaced the battery, the phone came on and i attemptd to restore but after checking it again the screen is black and still makes all the noise but trying to do the lock and home button reset does nothing no apple logo comes back anyone knows what to do.

You need to start your own question...your problem is different

pollytintop,

0

say04yao
1

somebody please answer my queries, i have iphone4s my screen turn black but its still working, the problem is i cannot reset it my lock button is stock up.. what will i do please please somebody help

You need to start your own question

pollytintop,

may be you can ask the professional person on http://www.3cline.net/

hathway,

0

Vic Wood
1

Thankyou for the help - worked perfectly!

Much Appreciated!

0

gramirez05
1

Thank you so so much, this helped !!

0

emaholis
1

Holding down the start and home button for 10-15 seconds worked.. Many thanks

0

yasmin
1

Holding the home button down and lock screen button for ages worked for me! had to do it twice, but its good now

0

goldenautobody
1

It worked!! thanks soo much! I was already thinking that I was going to have to replace the screen inside!!

0

Neo
1

I too had a same problem, it's now working!Thank you very much Don!

0

Chris Fitzgerald
1

Ok i recently went to take my iphone 4 in to get it fixed bc the screen was blacked out but you could still swipe over to answer calls and stuff and the screen was black although u can still see some colors change but they told me they didnt know what to do with it any suggestions

the same problem with me but the thing is im not sure if it the screen will work because my screen is EXTREMELY dim because i can still see the screen if i put it in the sunlight. Im confused. And no the holding the Lock and Home button for 10 seconds thing didnt work. Im currently trying to find a different solution but I cant find one.

kidbrutis,

0

brdhakal123
1

Holding down the start and home button for 10-15 seconds worked.. Many many thanks

0

Liu Wen long
1

i hold the home button and sleep button still dont work :(((((((((((((((

0

Jim Kelly
1

Holding the home and power button for 15 to 20 seconds worked for me. After the Apple Logo appeared on the screen, it took another 45 seconds to 1 minute for the phone to change from the Apple logo to my home screen. Everything is working fine now.

0

swagmeister
1

i am having this problem also, but cannot resolve it due to my lock button being broken, i have enabled assistive touch but obviously i cant see it as the screen is black, is there anything i can do?

0

con

If you cannot hard restart due to faulty buttons just disconnect and reconnect the battery if screen is still black then it's either screen is not connected correctly or it's faulty

0

deadman
1

sir thank you very much i thought i loss my iphone4s :(( but when i see this post im so happy that i fix it by myself :)) god bless to all

0

Michaela
1

Holding the lock button and the home button for 10 to 15 seconds worked perfectly!! THANK YOU!!!!!

0

Jennifer Staas
1

Great answer, Fixed the problem. Thanks so much!

0

ANS
1

Great ....It worked for mee too.

Can any one say what was technical problem?Why did it happened so?

0

sman babar
1

thaks alot great its work... @ maryann , Sep 26 2013

0

Kimberly Bell
1

thank you so much for the advice on holding home and lock button!!!!!!!! i was freaking out!

0

rom
1

still doesn't work...it turn to black screen again ang again

0

Helen Gray
1

Blank screen, only Siri working (and calling random numbers from my contacts when I blindly swiped the screen)

I hooked up my iphone to my desktop and did a complete backup of my iphone 4 on my desktop, but when I tried to restore I was told to disenable the 'find my iphone' function from my iphone screen - clearly, not possible with a blank screen.

Holding down the home and lock buttons got me the Apple logo, then the screen went blank again. I waited a few minutes and repeated it, got a brief 'restore itunes' command on my phone screen, and found I was then able to restore my iphone from my desktop.

Took about 30 minutes but it worked - thank you thank you thank you

0

Vimal Upadhyaya
1

Hey Thanks....... Holding the lock and the home button for 10 to 15 seconds worked !

June 19, 2014

0

Grayson Hughes
1

Mine did the same thing this afternoon. I did not drop it though. After I got off of the phone with my husband, the screen went black. Siri still worked, but the screen didn't. After pushing lots of buttons, I held down the home and lock button for 10-15 seconds and it reset itself. After it reset itself, the screen lit right back up, and its back to normal.

0

Rose Davies
1

Mine doesn't work even after holding the lock & home buttons???

0

Brigeth Santos
1

THANKS GUYS! It happened to me and i follow your instructors. It helps a lot!

0

Segun Sunday
1

Tanks Hold on to the home and power key work perfectly and i fix the problem of my phone my self.

0

Aaron22
1

Hold the home button and lock screen at the same time for about 10 seconds. This worked for me.

Hope it helps!

0

SeaBwife09
1

Black screen and broken power button what should I do?

0

chantelle Harding
1

i dropped my phone this afternoon and when i picked it up my phone went on a black screen it charges fine and i can answer calls and it rings fine but just the screen isnt working ive tried holding the power button and the home button down for ages still dont work help would be much appreciated please :(

0

leah
1

IT WORKED! thank you so much

0

April Tracey
1

My iphone screen is black, it turns on screen still black makes sounds I have done the following and nothing is working still:

Hard reset, took off the back and held down both top and bottom buttons.

0

evrenykn
1

i'm trying to home and power button but it doesn't working. Please Help !!!

0

Dania Omer
1

i dropped my iphone and it got black i tried holding the lock and home button and tried it in defu mode but now its still not working now i cant even hear anything or see a little light

0

artemnaumov
1

Holding the power & home buttons at the same time for around 10 second HELPED!!! THANKS!!!

0

Purushottam Kumar
1

Hey friends thank you very much now my phone is working....

0

bhabyanghel0122
1

i tried it now and it works, i thought my phone is dead but thanks to u guys im now relieve =.. supper thanks ^_^

0

rafay mir
1

just put it upside down and give a smack on its back and it will work

0

NicoleLancin
1

it didn't work in my phone

0

Beckibox
1

http://youtu.be/Hmp0cD7mFyA

The world’s first off- the shelf backup server for iPhone, not even Cupertino has one!

With Beckibox, now even screen broken don't have to worry data leakage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJVkwVl1...

http://www.beckietech.com/

Beckibox BX-101i

For more information, please check our Fanpage:

https://www.facebook.com/beckibox

0

Deven
1

thanks very much. My kid dropped phone. Screen went black. Pressed couple of time. Apple icon appeared/disappeared. Tried to open back cover with nail. opened it half...snapped back in. Pressed home and power again for 10 sec.. It worked. thanks Linda

Deven