13" aluminum unibody, 2.0 or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor.

Keyboard keys have to be pressed hard to type

The laptop had been working fine since I bought it, but just recently the keys have to be pressed very hard to have them respond in whatever application I am working in. Nothing was ever spilled.

Thank you for your help

When I press W on my razor cynosachroma pro it activates E as well and it’s very annoying. Please someone help.

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem as well with my newly bought MacBook Pro 2017. I did the following steps and the 'N' key on the keyboard is working fine now:

STEP 1: Goto System Preference

STEP 2: Click Accessibility

STEP 3: Click Keyboard

STEP 4: Turn on 'Enable Slow Keys' and then turn it back off

STEP 5: Turn on 'Enable Sticky Keys' and then turn it back off

I hope this works for you.

This worked, Not sure why.

i tried it my shift key is still broken any more ideas

Great--- thank you so much! it worked perfectly. I spent over 4 hours trying to figure it out. very thankful.

have to do it several times.... the only key not working was the "n"

it works for me, suddenly the one "n" which was hard to press sounded little bit break after I did like what you said, then it works perfectly after that sound. Thank you so much! I was scared when though I needed to bring my laptop to the store :D

It might be because of you putting it on a certain setting. Go on system preferences, click on accessabilty then press keyboard and turn of slow keys.

Hope this works

Well done.thanks a lot

If it is not software related take out the key that is hard to press make sure nothing is in it then put it back on. This helped for me.

checked sticky key - heard a double click

unchecked - heard a clunk

Any ideas (outside of a hidden villain?)

Thank you. I had to do the 5 steps twice but it worked. Thank you!

This seemed to work. Had to press hard on f to make it even think about working. Now, it puts the f in on the upstroke of the key, not the down stroke and not always working when pressed in the center. ffff, just a little try out. Really frustrating to have an almost $2000 piece of equipment with a bad keyboard. Like having a guitar with an out of tune bridge and old strings, you’ll never get the right note.

This happened to me and the previous things didn’t work in my experience turn on and off slow keys then press option+command+fn+f5 and if it pops up with slow keys off then it’s worked :)

this didn’t work for me and I think my left shift key is just broken. it works sometimes when I punch the other side of where the key is on the Mac.

mine feels like it is getting stuck, its my e key and its not working that well.

I have this problem on chrome with the R key The W key The M key And the N key.

you take of the keys and clean the keyboard

felinesystems will be eternally grateful.