Eighth generation of the Honda Civic.

How do I figure out the code for the radio?

I just had to replace the battery in my husbands civic that i have been driving and it says to enter a code for the radio. I have no clue what the code is and I don't have the operators manual and he is away with no phone for two more weeks. Does anyone have suggestions? I have tried several different combinations but none are working.

I need help I did this steps of holding one and six and hitting the power button it work my radio turned on however after about 2 to 3 minutes it cuts back off and I have to go through those steps again can anybody help me with this please please please thank you thank you

Nesito sial aguien tine el codigos de honda civid 2006 la serie es 400288850 por favor no tengo manual esta bloquedao el radio

Misty, give this a try:

1. Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)Turn car to ON II(radio powers up)
  2. Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)Turn radio off
  3. Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)
  4. Hold 1 & 6 buttons on radio
  5. Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)While still holding 1 & 6, turn radio on
  6. Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)Write down the 8digit number that should display

Call your Honda dealer and give them those numbers. Or just follow the directions on here. Hope this helps, good luck.

This is only for US Vihicle, how about japan? Thanx bro

It is in the glove box on a sticker.

Thank you :) this is the easiest way and this worked perfect for me. I had entered code wrong 5 times before this and was nervous because I did not know how many more times I could enter wrong without getting locked out completely. Thank you again.

Well I had no sticker in the glove box, butI got lucky, I found a owners manual in the glove box and the previous owner had wrote the radio code down there...

Turn radio off.

Hold 1&6 button.

While the 1&6 are depressed, hit volume button.

This will show you radio SSN.

Write this number down.

Than visit this site.

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Where it says enter code, Try all of the codes this site gives.

The code will display alpha according to the acronym c-o-d-e.

Keep trying the given codes, one of them will work and your radio will turn on.

Don't let Honda Rob u of $400.

#carcriminals

#

Worked, thank you so much!!!

holding 1 & 6 and pressing the power button it shows me S/N no code...pls what do i do

As the person above said, it's in the glovebox. Mine was on the left hand side, small white sticker about 2" long, the top number (5 digits) is the radio code.

Worked perfectly 2-22-17!

This is the best and easiest answer, assuming you have a sticker inside the glove box with the code numbers.

This website will explain to you how you can find out the radio code of your radio yourself, which is also free to do. The process of unlocking takes around 10 minutes. You will only need to find out what the serial number of your radio is to unlock it.

http://www.freeradiounlocking.com/brands...

Misty will be eternally grateful.