0

Baptiste BUREAU
1

Hard drive changed but not seen on the disk utility

I bought a new hard drive for my macbook pro 13" unibody 2009, i bought a Western Digital Scorpio Black 750Go, to change my poor old 160Go.

I've installed it correctly on the macbook pro, and when i put an install cd, it's not seen by the utility disk.

The only thing it sees is the optical drive, not the hard drive.

When i put the WD Drive on an another mac (or pc) as an external drive, it works.

Does this disk not compatible with my mac? or is it something else?

1

Dan

See if this firmware update fixes your problem EFI 1.7 Update If your system is already running this or you don't see any improvement you'll need to use a jumper on your HD to set it for the older SATA data rate. Review WD documentation that came with your drive on locating the jumper setting.

There are jumper pins located on the same side of the hard drive as where the cable plugs into it. There is a diagram on top of the HD showing how they should be jumped for each setting. The hard drive needs set to 1.5GBs to properly communicate with the HD controller.

ABCellars,