0

Francois
1

moving mirors while taking picture

My camera (Nikon D5000) fell down and since that day, the mirors inside move when I take a picture. But, it doesn't move slowly, it actually jumps of 0.3cm (more or less) and make the focus really difficult to set properly.

Is there a way i could change the mirors or fixed that problem?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Francois (from France)

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

Sounds like the mirror is either off its track or out of alignment, most likely off the track. Not something you should try and do yourself because of special tools and the precision required to do this job.

2

Dan

It sounds like you broke something inside.

I would recommend getting your camera to Nikon or one of their authorized service centers. Unlike most computer repairs camera repair is much more delicate.

I tried fixing my Sony Cyber-Shoot its now in pieces in my basement never to be whole again ;-{

Thx for your answer. I will definetly go to a Nikon service center here in Paris and git it fixed. It was worth trying this website anyway.

Francois,