Known as the PS2, it is a sixth-generation video game console first released by Sony in Japan in March 2000. The United States saw it later in 2000 with the SCPH-30000. Repair of this device requires only common tools, but can get tricky.

Why has my screen changed to black and white

For some reason the playstation 2 is in black and white only. We tried to plug something else into the connection on the TV and it was fine but the playstation is still only black and white.

i have a similar problem with my ps2, however I bought a aftermarket cable, would this cause it to show black and white?

Tara, depends on how you have your PS2 connected. If you are using the component cables, check in the system settings and check if its in regular RGB. If you use the regular Yellow, Red and White cables, it should be in RGB mode.

this didnt help me but my PS2 is in RGB mode already

I was having the same problem but I changed my input from component to AV and that worked.

I did exactly what you said and it works! Tq tq tq

Me too!!! Thanks a bunch! Putting on AV worked :D

Tara will be eternally grateful.