Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

MacBook wont charge properly.

My Macbook won't charge/magsafe connect properly. When i connect my charger sometimes it won't work. i have to change to a different outlet(sometimes multiple outlets). it charges properly when it finally connects. My Mac says service battery. is it my battery or magsafe or both?

Could be both. If it is telling you to service your battery you will need to swap the battery eventually... I nursed my MacBook Pro 15 along with a "Service Battery" warning for several months (because the local fix-it shop was back-ordered). My experience of MagSafes is that they fail catastrophically when they fail. The intermittency & outlet hopping makes me think that the computer is drawing too much current (probably because of the needy battery) & tripping the internal breaker which requires time to reset.

You can see how bad your battery is & how much juice your magsafe is putting out by looking at the "Power" section of System Profiler (Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info...)

Another good periodic maintenance is to reset the Power Management Unit (not sure what they call it these days... used to be PMU). Easy to do:

Shut down computer. Disconnect Power Supply. Hold down Command, Control, Option & Power Button (upper right hand side that you turn the machine on). Hold them down until power light on right side of front edge begins flashing & then allow to start up normally.

Doesn't hurt to Zap the PRAM while you're at it.

Gerry will be eternally grateful.