0

michael
1

Gaining access to flash components only

My flash quit working to I removed the top cover and noticed a contact that needed to be pushed in order for the flash to work, so I tested it by pressing the switch and the flash worked. Then I realized that there was a little grey bushing that was out of place enough so that it could not push the switch when opened. in the process of snapping that back into place a wire broke rendering the work to fix the flash worthless. I have read the instructions on how to take apart the D70 but it did not even mention the flash housing (possibly just the top)

So I was wondering is there a way to remove the top so I can repair the wire that was snagged without going through all the steps of tearing down the whole camera?

Edited by: michael ( )

0

michael, take a look on here and see if that will help you out.

Thank you oldturkey03 that is what happened to mine I also used a paper clip to pull the bushing cam switch into place but was not careful enough breaking two wires. and I need to figure out how to fix the wires but they are inside where that grey bushing is

michael,