Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

iPhone thinks there is a sim, when there isn't?

Hi, I just repaired my iPhone screen, and I have done a few before with no trouble, but this time once I had put it back together, it is always searching for reception, but never finds it.

I tried restarting, taking the sim out etc but even without a sim, it doesn't say 'no sim' it still says searching.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong and how to fix it?

Not totally a apple head here but i do know the iphone 4s has GSM (sim card) and CDMA cellular. i think this plays a role in this.

check your phone settings, And or a restore.

Most Helpful Answer

Set the date and time manually to the correct values and then restart your phone. Worked for me :)

I've got the same problem.. No one with a helpfull answer for this? Please

Well, found a solution to this problem.

After changing three screens on iPhone 4S with iOS6. All three with this problem.

The solution I found: Insert the sim before you turn on the phone. Then connect the iPhone to the WiFi. Take the sim card out, and put if back in ;)

Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Your problem could come from 3 sources.

The first one is a software problem: just try to make restore with iTunes.

The second one could come from the sim reader commutator. If this commutator doesn't make contact, the iPhone will think that there is a sim in your slot. So you have to join them together. And after, you have to check if it's separates when you put your trap inside.

The third one is: you haven't properly plugged your antenna cable on the antenna connector.

Ben will be eternally grateful.