Sit-on-top lawn mower. Zero-turn radius mower, 50" mower deck, hydro transmission.

mower deck will not engage when the PTO switch is turned on?

When the PTO switch is turned on the mower deck does not come on. I have replaced the PTO switch but it still does nothing. Could the electric clutch be bad?

Chris, first try to adjust the clutch. I attached some images from the manual. check the wiring. If the wiring does not reveal any problem and a clutch adjustment does not resolve it, it may be time to replace the clutch. Also check mower deck will not lower Hope this helps, good luck.

I replaced the clutch and it's working great. Thanks

You are welcome :-)

this is not an electric clutch, but a manual one

@ken67 what clutch?

I have same problem but when I turn pto it try's to engage I can hear and see somethings working upper side of clutch but nothing to the belt pully

I see you have fixed your problem but FYI to anyone reading this, I had the same issue with the mower not engaging and found the normally open contact on the mower deck engage button was bad. it was around $30 bucks to replace the button. I Needed a continuity checker to test and find this issue.

where was that button

What keeps the top half of the clutch from spinning with the bottom pulley

I had the same problem... I found one of the wires had rubbed of the plastic coating near the clutch and was grounding out. I put a shrink wrap tube on it and rerouted the wire from where it was rubbing. Haven't had a problem since.

Chris will be eternally grateful.