Repair guides and support for cars and SUVs manufactured by Toyota-owned Lexus

How to fix Rear power window not functioning in Lexus ES330?

The power rear window behind the drivers seat on my Lexus ES 330 stopped working. I hear a whirring noise when I press the window up/down switch on the door but the glass does not move up or down. Any thoughts as to what might be the issue and pointers/instructions on how to fix this would be great. Also if there is a manual work around to open and close the window that could work as a temporary solution, please feel free to suggest.

Most Helpful Answer

Jarro, this is apparently a common issue with your model. There is a TSB out for a fix. You should notify your dealer. For a better information on this as well as a possible fix, check on here. Apparently, following the Lexus forums, this is the preferred fix:"

1. Sit in the seat

2. Open door that window is not working

3. Hold the window button down

4. Slam the door closed

thank you so much ^^ i have been trying to figure that out for so !@#$ long

cory, you are welcome:-)

Yes, this absolutely works when you:

1. Start the car

2. Sit in the rear seat.

3. Open the door.

4. Hold down the power winder switch and slam the door.

Yay!!!!

Was very helpful !

Did not work, tried it 3x. Darn! Front passenger window.

I have had this problem twice on my GS 450H. The solution which worked for me is simple. Remove the manual key from the key fob and insert into driver's door. Turn the key left and hold for 2 seconds. It works!!!

There are many complicated solutions online - try this one first.

Good luck

Laraine

My rear window in my ES330 hasn't opened in a year I tried your solution and it was open in seconds. Great advice thank you!

This did not work

try the fuse post...

on the left side in front the driver there is a fuse box behind where the coin saver is... look for the yellow 20 amp mini fuse. there are 2 side by side ......I changed the left one that is for the rear window motor passenger side the right one is the drivers side rear door window..... so I changed the 20 amp fuse and walllaaaaa the window works like it should!!!!!!!!!!!note the fuse will not show its cut but the prongs show brown deposits not silver clean.........

2005 ES 330 95,000 miles

I have ES 2006 and had rear passenger side window not working. Tried pushing the switch and slam the door. After three times slamming it worked. This trick works well. Wow !!!!!

Arvind

Just wanted to pitch in and say that oldturkey03's solution is the correct one. However, a few notes to keep in mind is that you do need to slam the door very hard. If you're gentle in fear that it may harm the car, it won't do a thing.

As well, I recall reading elsewhere that the electrical lock does kick in some sort of overheating protection after you use the power window switch a few times, which will render this technique completely useless. After you attempt to use the switch 4-5 times, wait an hour before trying again.

Jarro will be eternally grateful.