The Lexus ES is a series of compact, then mid-size, and later executive car sold by Lexus since 1989.

How to fix Rear power window not functioning in Lexus ES330?

The power rear window behind the drivers seat on my Lexus ES 330 stopped working. I hear a whirring noise when I press the window up/down switch on the door but the glass does not move up or down. Any thoughts as to what might be the issue and pointers/instructions on how to fix this would be great. Also if there is a manual work around to open and close the window that could work as a temporary solution, please feel free to suggest.

^^^^ I felt like I had already written about my problem, SweetPea! It's cold in Nashville, same window is down, and my vain self has a piece of plastic duct-taped to keep the rain and the snow out! Did you take out a Mailbox with your Passenger side side mirror, too? bwahaha - I'm serious!

Should I try this? My driver side front window randomly goes down part way and then stops going - sometimes it will start up in a few seconds or a few minutes and it happens randomly. Not sure if it could be the same solution, or something else? Thanks for any advice!

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Jarro, this is apparently a common issue with your model. There is a TSB out for a fix. You should notify your dealer. For a better information on this as well as a possible fix, check on here. Apparently, following the Lexus forums, this is the preferred fix:"

1. Sit in the seat

2. Open door that window is not working

3. Hold the window button down

4. Slam the door closed

thank you so much ^^ i have been trying to figure that out for so !@#$ long

cory, you are welcome:-)

Yes, this absolutely works when you:

1. Start the car

2. Sit in the rear seat.

3. Open the door.

4. Hold down the power winder switch and slam the door.

Yay!!!!

Was very helpful !

Did not work, tried it 3x. Darn! Front passenger window.

I have had this problem twice on my GS 450H. The solution which worked for me is simple. Remove the manual key from the key fob and insert into driver's door. Turn the key left and hold for 2 seconds. It works!!!

There are many complicated solutions online - try this one first.

Good luck

Laraine

My rear window in my ES330 hasn't opened in a year I tried your solution and it was open in seconds. Great advice thank you!

This did not work

try the fuse post...

I have ES 2006 and had rear passenger side window not working. Tried pushing the switch and slam the door. After three times slamming it worked. This trick works well. Wow !!!!!

Arvind

It worked for me too on the first Slam. I had already taken the door panel apart before I saw this post. Guess I should have checked ifixit earlier!

Worked for me also. Thanks!!!!

Just wanted to pitch in and say that oldturkey03's solution is the correct one. However, a few notes to keep in mind is that you do need to slam the door very hard. If you're gentle in fear that it may harm the car, it won't do a thing.

As well, I recall reading elsewhere that the electrical lock does kick in some sort of overheating protection after you use the power window switch a few times, which will render this technique completely useless. After you attempt to use the switch 4-5 times, wait an hour before trying again.

That is NO JOKE...I had the driver side door open for extra "umph" and SUH-LAMMED the back door with button down and car running and VOILA'!!

Many, many thanks! Love people helping people...not enough goes around in this world. ;-)

on the left side in front the driver there is a fuse box behind where the coin saver is... look for the yellow 20 amp mini fuse. there are 2 side by side ......I changed the left one that is for the rear window motor passenger side the right one is the drivers side rear door window..... so I changed the 20 amp fuse and walllaaaaa the window works like it should!!!!!!!!!!!note the fuse will not show its cut but the prongs show brown deposits not silver clean.........

2005 ES 330 95,000 miles

I had a sudden problem with rear psgr. window not operating. I heard it "click" when pressing the button...so knew it wasn't electrical problem. I took a towel against top and sides of window...and tapped my fist to possibly loosen window. It had been thru several car washes...and evidently it had created a "seal"... so...sure enough...it loosened window...and viola---worked again!!!

I can’t believe that actually worked!!

1. Start the car
  2. sit in the seat with he bad window
  3. open door
  4. hold down the window button on door
  5. slam door very hard while holding down button .
  6. thid time was the charm for me. Just remember you have to slam the door very hard.

thank you all for your help!!

I have been reading about slamming your door very hard. Well my own trick if you dont wana slam your is simply start d car, hold down d button on d bad door, and pound d door from the inside with ur fist somhwere in d middle behind the door opening flip. Dis should work just once

This worked. You guys are great

You got to slam the door hard while holding the down button for that window

Jarro will be eternally grateful.