0

cameronkroeger
1

logic board water damage repair; battery

I’m attempting to repair a water damaged 15" MacBook Pro, unibody early 2011. I've already tried cleaning the corroded areas with rubbing alcohol, with no success. next I was going to try a replacement logic board. if that doesn't work i am going to give up on the project. my question is this: the battery may also be fried, so I don't want to try out a new logic board with the battery in; and I don't want to bother with buying a new battery if the computer isn't going to work. will the macbook power up with the battery removed, and just the power adapter plugged in? will ifixit accept a return on the replacement logic board if the macbook still won't work?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

1

machead3

This is the volunteer DIY help forum for assurances from iFixit contact them. Yes if the DC-in board is not damaged the machine will start without a battery.

If this answer was helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.