Motorola Droid RAZR

The Droid Razr is an Android-based, 4G LTE-capable smartphone designed by Motorola.

My Phone Keeps turning off and then turning itself back on?

when i turn on my phone and it does its power up, i wait for my service to come on. before the service gets turned on the phone restarts itself everytime. it continues to do this over and over and over until it runs out of battery. i tried hooking it up to the chargers, and i tried hooking it up to the computer. it continues to do the same thing. i tried to restart the phone manually but this still hasnt fixed the problem. Do i need to buy a new phone?

I have that very same problem: my phone doesn't power reset while in Fastboot mode, but I have tried 10 or so different ROMs without success... I have been careful about wiping internal memory before and after each flash, with no success... what would be the next thing to troubleshoot?

by Javier Aparicio

I need help, my phone is turning off at random times and it's annoying and bad! What if I need help and can't call 911 or can't call my parents if it's an emergency? I need help and quick is there an easy way I can fix it? It is an iPhone 3GS - stressed out teen

by MAHPHONEISDUMB

I need a easy simplified way to do this.. Any help is appreciated

by MAHPHONEISDUMB

i dont know how to fix my phone it always goes off and on i will give 150$ if my phone is fix by your inscruction's

by pewds

if u dont have the iphone 6 try this shut ur phone down by holding the turn on button and the place where u press with ur thumb then after u shut it press the upper volume button for two minutes

by brian

Motorla phones can do this with they have a problem with their boot loader or software files.

It should be possible to load into FastBoot mode to re-flash the phone's ROM and hopefully resolve the issue.

This is however a fairly in-depth process, before getting in to it, make sure the phone will actually boot and run in FastBoot. To do this, turn the phone off, then hold the Vol+, Vol- and power buttons all at the same time until a white screen appears, then release. This is FastBoot, if the phone doesn't power reset here then i would suggest a ROM, for this I direct you to a guide already made, Motorola Droid RAZR FastBoot

I hope this works for you, i've used this method on other motorola phones such as the Atrix2 and the Bionic.

If nothing else, it's easier to try this than to replace the phone.

It shows 3 option.. Which one should I click first?

by delitakuor

what for a windows phone?

by Manikanta Nani

Thank you SO much! You saved my phone & my sanity!

by Amanda Duncan

not working :(

by aira orpiana

None of that wont work, take my advice, get a new phone because you been hacked, basically you already been spied on, they can installed apps without you knowing, add unusual files in your storage which is viruses, if you have a two way camera they probably watching you like a perv, they can reset your phone anytime unless your on wifi or on data network, pretty much they are cyber bullying you which I called it but they is might be a solution that might help, go to settings then apps then all apps and start disable all the apps that are unusual, i had the problem in about few min. ago i think its working fine so far if not ill let yall know

by Toshiro Hitsugaya

get a string or some wire and tie your phone up and hang it by a tree branch then shot your phone with a glock 18, see your aiming results and then get a new phone that simple. xD lls lmao lmfao ctfu.

I have a Glock 17, do I need to spend the $600 to upgrade my Glock before I can shook my fkng phone?

by Don Mitchell

Also u can use a bazooka

my phone its working lol

by kutariamoto

hey their can help me to my mother phone . its always turn off and turn on .. i dont know what happen . .

by djniconipay

I think I'll borrow my friends HK 91 to satisfy my frustration! If that doesn't work, I give up!

by LLONI BAKER

or perhaps a laws rocket....

by LLONI BAKER

Mine was turning itself on and off by itself today. When I finally got it to turn off and stay off I opened the cover for the sim card on the side of the Razr and the sim card was loose. I pushed it back in until it locked and problem solved. Everything is working fine again.

Just make sure you don't take the sim card out while the phone is on as this may damage the sim card and/or the phone itself.

10/31/14

tried this and before I did this it it would turn off every few seconds and now its been a couple minutes. I'll update if it stops working soon but so far thank you so much Wayne!!!!

by Dylan Breen

can anyone help me out here i bought a phone htc window 8x it just stop work just like that just turn off so i pull it down unplug the battery and plug on again and it power back up but when to pick up the service it shut right back down repeatedly can someone tell me what to do ?

by sediq mccook

I kept trying to turn it on but it keeps turning off

my phone doing the same thing but mine is a cheap government phone from verizon...I need to make calls and waiting for a call back to work..HELP!!!!!

by yolanda landin

Hold down the vol+ key.the menu key & the power key all at the same time.then scroll down via the vol key to clear catch or factory reset then push power key to activate..your phone will be like its btand new as you would have lost all previous information so store this before attempting .good luck

by fatcat

Thx alote fatcat ,u helped me ^^ :*

by adelrabaya

I have that problem with my tablet! It'll stay on for a bit, then turn of, turn on, turn off, and it keeps repeating that all the time!

by Madison Lee

Your software had gone bad. Get it fixed from service center

Mine is doing the same thing, will I have to pay to get it fixed when it's not my fault? Also, can I upgrade when it's doing that or do I have to get it fixed first?

by jerribeary813

Yes thats true

by kutariamoto

My phone goose off and on by itself. It can do that for the whole day or even two. Then it works again for a while. What do I do? Its a Motorola droid RAZR maxx

What is wrong

I dropped my phone way too many times and now all it does is turn itself on and off never getting to the start screen. and it only does it if its plugged in. Its just off, off the charger. took out the battery to see if that's the problem. Nope. Tried the fast boot. It keeps the phone from turning on again but a white screen never shows up. Its an alcatel touch android not a motorola though. My boyfriend took the back off with his handy dandy tool kit, and there seems to be nothing wrong with the circuits. Nothing seems obviously out of place, loose or broken anyway.

Any more great ideas?

ok, found out it was bc the battery wasn't touching the prongs, a plastic piece had fallen loose. I wedged it back under the battery, and it works just fine.

by Ashley

Noice thats very noice

by kutariamoto

if u wanna know what's right for our for phone its easy just go to a shop where they fix phone's and they will help u fix it

the problem its that they do that but i lose to much time when the problem its always the same

by kutariamoto

My Phone Keeps Turning Off then One By its self

Have the same problem here!..

When i turn on my phone its restart...

Plsss... Help me...

I dont want to lose my phone... :"(

Plss help!!..

my phone did it soon I just got now

My phone has been doing the same thing. I was going onto my online banking when it foreclosed on me going back to google search. I turned my phone off to resest it and turned it back on . Now it goes on and off with the annoying dinging blue intel screen. Do I need a new phone or throw it against the wall? I'm at that point.

mine i was downloading programs and uninstall other programs and the phone turned off that happened three times and i buyed the phone with that problem

by kutariamoto

same here i was listening to music then it went to some green bot and then started turning off and on and been doing it every since that was like at 10:00 its 5:05 its died and im charging it and now its a android back to metro pc im about to break my phone helppppp pleaseeeeeee

by britnie smith

I recently dropped my phone about 2-3 times and now, it keeps going on and off. When i charge it, the battery is at say 80 percent and when it starts going off and on as usual, it boils down to say 40 percent within 2mins.

Any suggestions? perhaps ? I'll be glad to hear.

Thanks. P.S it's an LG Flex.

I also had this problem. I was instructed to shut down my droid max while it was cycled on ipulled my vol. Switch disloged my sims card waited a ten count . reinserted the sims and harded booted after that exercise. After it cycled back on the headache disappeared so far. ( four weeks ago) . no logical reason but it has. Try it it couldn't hurt. All the best! LHH

my phone is doing something just a little different. it turns on just fine but then it just starts to cycle bringing up random $@$* like my camera then a video then maybe my gallery. but nothing stays on long enough no matter what i touch. i cant do anything but shut it down if im lucky enough to hit off as it passes me up. so i usually just pull the battery. please help

Yes my phone also shuts off and turn on automatically

I am going to change the phone for this cause

Its perfect phone but what can i do

Using droid razr m

I appreciate there are other reasons why a phone turns itself on and off. Mine was doing this, I took out the SD card and it was fine. Usually, when you ask that the SD card be the default storage, the phone turns itself off to reset. I think my SD card corrupted that's why it was turning my phone on and off.

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 5 AND FOR THE PAST WEEK THIS PHONE HAS BEEN CUTTING OFF BY ITSELF THEN COMING BACK ON. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT . SHOULD I TAKE IT BACK 2 SPRINT ?

A charging issue can make a device turn on and off. A bad battery, a bad charger, a weak charger, or more commonly, bent pins in the charging port.

I don't think this will apply to everybody, but I have a spare battery for my galaxy s5 and have found it only lasts so long these days until it starts turning off and on constantly. Recharging it in my battery charger brings it back for a while, so I think it might be dying, even though I don't think I have had it that long. My other battery that came with the phone works fine.

I have a problem like this but it fixed when I reset my phone ( factory reset).

I have a problem, my phone restarts it self when i turn on wifi/data, if I disable my wifi or data it works perfect I dont know what to do any time wifi on it starts till battery down. Any body tell me what to do.....?

My phone scream turns of randomly like if I'm not touching the screan for example typing or just touching the screan, if I just leave it on it will turn off in 2 seconds. Like when I watch my youtube videos it turns the scream of or when I make music.ly it turns the screan off while I'm filming my music.ly what can I do pls help?

my phone keep cutting on and of constanly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richboy678 will be eternally grateful.