0

Leon
1

Crucial SSD good for my MacBook Pro?

Hello, dear iFixit-Team.

I have a question about a SSD for my MacBook Pro. I was originally planning to buy an intel SSD for my birthday, but today I saw a very good offer at amazon. They sell - only in Germany and Austria though - a Crucial M4 128GB for just 89€. It is actually a good deal, but I heard many SSDs have low living times. Therefore I would like to ask whether the Crucial SSD series are reliable.

What have you experienced with this SSD?

Greetings,

León

Edited by: Leon ( )

1

David Hodson
87k

We have Intel SSDs in our machines at the office, but we've had some experience with Crucial drives. They make a quality product.

0

lapo
305

Best choice=m4 :)

0

flogo2003

I have installed quite a bit of SSD's over the last month or so, the best performers have been the OCZ Vertex 3 and the Samsung 840. I have seen the Crucials and Intel drives but some have had bad reviews. The speed and reliability of the Samsung and OCZ have out performed the expectations of myself and my customers.

Just do a little bit of more research. Look into what you need for space, the speed you want, and the price point. Generally speaking most cheap items are cheap for a reason, spend a few more $$$ and get a quality product. (In my opinion I would go with the Samsung drives)

0

edwardwright5
1

I have just installed a m500 120GB SSD, and it is performing remarkably well. I had some trouble actually getting it to dock properly, but as soon as I installed dock brackets it fit right in. So far it's performing extremely well.