How to Contribute ¶
We're building the free repair manual for everything, and we need your help. It's easy to get started—just click the edit button on any page and make an improvement!
Helpful Resources ¶
We've got some useful pages that will teach you how to take photos and write your own repair manual, help us build and organize a Q&A knowledge base, and add new kinds of devices to iFixit. And a whole lot more.
- User Accounts — How to register and fill out your account.
- Repair Guides — How to create a Repair Guide.
- Teardowns — How to create a Teardown.
- Device Pages — How to create a Device Page.
- Troubleshooting Pages — How to create a Troubleshooting Page.
- Item Page — How to create a Item Page.
- Answers — Information on Answers.
- Taking guide photos — Step-by-step walkthrough of how to use a simple lighting and camera setup.
- Camera tips — Useful tips and camera settings for common consumer cameras.
- Writing Guides — How to write an awesome guide.
- Repair Guide FAQ — Why write repair guides?
- Teardown FAQ — Why write gadget teardowns?
- Use Guidelines — Dos and don'ts for successfully engaging with our community.
- Device Nomenclature — How to properly name device pages.
- Administration and Moderation Help — Administrator tools and their descriptions.
- Help Documentation — The place to go to read up on the many features of iFixit.
Get excited and start teaching repair!
About iFixit ¶
Why we do what we do ¶
- About us — We started out fixing things, just like you.
- Why self repair? — You can fix it. We make it easy.
- Activism — Causes iFixit stands behind.
- Environment — Throwing things away when they break is unsustainable.
- Jobs — We're Hiring!
Our Mission ¶
- Where we're going — We want to fix the world.
- Testimonials — Our customers have a lot to say about us.
- FAQ — A fast way to learn more about iFixit.
- Media info — Media contact information and logos.
- Coverage — The press talks about us from time to time.