1

Zach
13

Where is the Wifi antenna located?

So I need to replace my wifi/bluetooth antenna. I have looked everywhere trying to figure this out. I know the 4s has two antennas

Upper

http://www.sw-box.com/iPhone-4S-WiFi-Ant...

Lower

iPhone 4S Cellular Antenna

I have seen both being referenced as the Wifi antenna in many places.

So which one is the actual Wifi antenna? if neither where is the wifi antenna?

iPhone 4S Cellular Antenna

This is the actual radiating antenna which is adhered to the speaker enclosure. — 26 available at 19.95 each.

3

Gido Nijenhuis
743

There is no actual wifi antenna.

BUT: as is with the iPhone 4 the big metal shield covering the flex connectors of the display and buttons etc is acting as the WIFI antenna.

If you have no WIFI signal you best check if the metal shield is correctly in place and that all screws are in place. If 1 screw is missing it could cause loss of WIFI as some screws are acting as signal path.

Also make sure that all metal surfaces of this metal shield are clean from anything (i.e. some dirt/oil from handling with hands). To be sure just clean it with alcohol/ipa.

1

Tom Chai

"No antenna for wifi". This is true for iPhone 4, but iPhone 4S does use a separate wifi antenna, not the top bezel. Top screw simply holds the logic board onto the bezel to ensure cellular and GPS signal goes through. so I conclude Gido's answer not helping

The iPhone 4S has a wifi antenna around the headphone jack, it is easy to replace. Open up the device, look for 2 screws beside the headphone jack, one holds the antenna connector bracket, one grounds the antenna, remove them, disconnect the connector and peel the antenna off.

Ifixit has a way too over-disassembled guide calls it "upper antenna". That's the wifi antenna. You can use the guide for reference but don't follow the guide to remove everything

Edited by: Tom Chai ( )

0

Krayzee
137

i believe it is the top ribbon cable and connector, in my experience, the emi shield acts as an antenna too, the signal wasnt as strong without the shield

0

Tom
1

I broke my wifi antenna cable when replacing front glass... does anybody have a good link for replacing the wifi antenna unit? Thanks!

0

Diana
1

Holy moly!!! Never has ANY advice in these forums worked, ever, but I am sending this post via wifi. I squeezed the metal around the side, then top, of my 4S and wifi picked up & connected for I even checked the settings. Annoying but good fix. Ty Ty ty