intermittently operating turn signals
1996 Caddy. Turn signals will operate intermittently. Sometimes I get one flash, sometimes none, a minute later they are working just fine. All bulbs appear to be working. I prefer problems that are all or none, this lazy light stuff drives me nuts. I think to problem may be with the flasher but have no idea of how to fix it.
I'd go with the turn signal relay. It's one of the easier things to start with. It could just be sticking :-) It is located below the Instrument Panel, left of the Steering Column.
1. Remove the left closeout/insula
2. Disengage the turn signal flasher from the upper instrument panel carrier assembly.
3. Disconnect the electrical connector.
4. Remove the turn signal flasher.
1. Connect the electrical connector to the turn signal flasher.
2. Position the turn signal flasher into the slot in the instrument panel carrier assembly.
3. Slide the flasher upward in order to secure the retainer clip to the carrier assembly.
4. Install the left closeout/insula
the relay is available right here.