0

steve
1

My tablet wont start after it fell in water

i need help to fix it urgently. help

Edited by: Stefano Gigante ( )

tried it but only the red light flashes upon start up and then nothing else appears. afraid maybe the water may have damaged the screen or damaged the battery. any other suggestion is welcomed as i need to get the tablet fixed. thanks

steve,

steve, any liquid immersion warrants a new battery. Those batteries do not like water at all. Actually, they can react quite violently with it. Clean your device and replace the battery, after that re-evaluate.

3

Stefano Gigante

First things first: do not try to turn it on anymore until you're sure it's completely dry. Water isn't damaging to a device, electricity is, and water reroutes electricity where it's not supposed to go.

Until you can't get it open, put it somewhere dry, possibly surrounded by silica packs or (lacking them) rice.

As soon as you can, open it carefully, remove the battery, and clean with isopropylic alchol and a microfiber cloth every trace of water. Don't use an hairdryer, at least, if you're truly in a hurry, blow only cold air, never hot air, that could be as damaging as the water.

Make sure it's clean and dry, put it back, turn it on and reassess the damage.

You may end with a damaged battery, since it got shorted out. Maybe some other sympthoms... if you want to check them by yourself, return here and describe them.

+1 ...and here is the teardown http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/BlackBerr... for your tablet which should enable you to take a closer look at the components. You find the general guide for water damage and how to clean it here http://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Electronics_W...

It was really wet but that was a week ago and the redlight couldn't come on but now it does when you connect it to the charger. Even sometimes the green light which indicates that it is charging comes on for about a minute and then nothing else. I tried updating the software but the message I get is no update available. Don't know what to do again.

steve,

Like Stefano Gigante mentioned in his original answer:" You may end with a damaged battery, since it got shorted out. Maybe some other symptoms." This sounds like a broken battery circuit as well as the possibility of corrosion

I confirm what I said. Actually, if the backlight still works, and you can use your tablet safely without any other issues save for the battery... you've only got to replace it. If you still didn't open your tablet, do it now. Get a new battery from a reputable source, clean every trace of corrosion, rust or mold with a soft cloth and alchol, and replace, or have it replaced by an handy friend, the battery. If it still doesn't work, as oldturkey added, and I second his opinion, check the battery circuit on the logic board. Is it moldy? Is it rusted? Clean it throughly and recheck. Does it look normal, but your new battery still doesn't charge? Replace it. If it's soldered on the mainboard as it seems by the guide, you may need professional help though. But trying a new battery, and cleaning the connectors before replacing it, is something to do. Afterall, your battery was shorted out. So, either way, it has to go.

Stefano Gigante,

okay, will do that and reply soon. thanks

steve,

0

steve
1

hey guys, i am now solely depending on you. i contacted blackberry customer care and they said they have never encountered a water issue with their tablet so they cant help me. they suggest i buy a new tablet and i think that is a big problem. i should put it in a bin and buy another one, why should i do that after being told they cant help me with any problem. that would mean i am blind and of course i am not. i think apple would have handled a problem like this better.

i need a blackberry tablet battery at all cost. i have checked so much in Ghana here and there is no light so if any one at all can help, please let me know. i need to revive the tablet. cant just put it in the bin.

Stefano, please help me on this, ayt. i need a battery. please.

0

badgoliath42
1

Red light flashing at startup is a ROM error, so it is possible that your main memory chip is defective because of the water. I had a similar issue and I just reinstalled the firmware given from BlackBerry website with a USB connection to my computer and BlackBerry Desktop. Works like a charm now.

0

Jaqoiyah Palmer
1

well i have a 8inch proscan tablet i droped it in water it came back on but i put a lock on but then the top row would not work and i can not get in my tablet.

0

James Pierrelee
1

Don't junk it! I dropped mine in the tub about 6 months ago. Attempts to revive it were futile. I got no response from it at all. Nothing happened when I plugged in the charger. Today (January 15, 2014) I plugged in the charger and it began working perfectly.

I bought a used PB as a replacement. Now I have two. Go figure.