0

jsoter
11

How to pry power supply connector from logic board

I'm trying to install a new power supply I just received from you. I've tried everything according to your instructional video but I cannot pry the connector away from the logic board. I've gone so far as to remove the power supply with the connector attached so I could get under the connector but it's no go. Can you help?

Edited by: jsoter ( )

1

Jake Devincenzi

Hey Jsoter,

The connector is stuck in there pretty darn tight. We've found that the best method for disconnecting it has been to depress the connector lock while using a heavy duty spudger, or other gentle but strong prying tool, to firmly jostle either side of the connector until it comes free. It usually takes a few tries at each side, but as long as you are depressing the connector lock at the same time, it should come free with some persistence.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Heavy-Duty Spudger

Thicker and tougher than the standard spudger. Use this antistatic tool for working on electronic devices and DIY electronic repair. It's an essential tool for everything from repairing a broken smartphone or tablet screen to replacing an old battery or h — 50+ available at 4.95 each.

Thanks. I finally got it.

jsoter,

Right on; glad it worked!

Jake Devincenzi,