0

Alyssa
1

Screen unresponsive after screen/digitizer replacement

The screen cracked, and although iPod was still working fine I decided to replace it because it didn’t look so pretty anymore, so I bought a replacement screen/digitizer. I carefully replaced it, but then found out that a small portion of the screen isn't responding. It is an area of about few millimetres going all the way from left to right in the lower part of the screen. It’s where, for example, virtual keyboard’s second last row sits. Hence, if I wanted to type something, I couldn’t use any of the Z, X, C, V, etc. I tried to do restore, but it didn’t help. Then I tried putting in another (working) screen/digitizer from my second iPod, but I’m still having the same issue. Please help.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

Can you inspect the digitizer connectors? If it's consistent between two digitizers, odds are there is a dirty or damaged pin. See if there's dust, dirt or a missing pin.

Phillip Takahashi,

0

Country Computer Service
4k

You could very well have a bad replacement screen. China has closed shop for the next couple of weeks so there is no production. This means that US manufacturers are selling a lot of after market parts that the majority of the time 6 in 10 (if your lucky) may be defective.

0

mohanish
1

my ipod 2nd generation has got touching problem, i didn'tdo any thing on it

plz help me...