2

rj713

Need to turn off passlock

Hi all. The passlock feature on my p/u engages without cause occasionally making me sit and wait out the 10 minute delay. This is always inconvenient and has the potential for being a safety hazard. Does anyone have a ides of how I can permanently disable this feature?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , rj713 ( )

Hello fellow Colorado owners. Would just like you to know that I, along with many others, am having the same problem with the passlock system. It has become aggravating as well as very inconvenient! I called the Chevrolet Assistance Line for advice on how to go about bypassing the passlock system.. They advised that I should not try this, and should take it to a dealership. I asked to speak with someone in the engineering department to no avail. I told them that this is a design flaw and does not work as intended and that many other people are having the same problem.. So I think if enough people called to complain, they might consider an open recall. After all, this is a design flaw and I feel GM should be responsible for correcting it as they would any other design flaw in any of their models. This is definitely an issue. It could even be considered a safety issue. For those who are willing to call here is the number. 1-800-222-1020 (US) or 1-800-263-3777 (CANADA)

Garth,

3

Wow, looks like there is a whole industry build around defeating the passlock. There are a few commercial devices like this one out for one , it even has a DIY plan for sale, that say they can defeat the passlock; GM will not disable it. the only other way I read about is the "White/blue" ;-)

"Step One: Start the truck, leaving it in park, and running during this process.

Step Two: Locate the plug pictured below, The plug is under the dash near the steering column. Open your driver door and stick your head on the floor near the gas and brake pedal and look up, it will be the big white plug staring you in the face. If you need anymore help let me know. You will notice that on the side closest to the front seats, the plug is pretty much split in two. We will be working with the right side of this plug. We are looking for the wire that is White with a BLUE stripe. It will be with other wires that are white/colored stripe.

Step Thee: Cut this wire in half, and electrical tape both ends.

Step four: Shut off the truck, You’re done!

Try restarting it, you will see the red security light on, but that can be removed with the LED mod how to." Check on here for more info. Hope this helps, good luck.

UPDATE

Images are from the same site as the link and credit to the guys at coloradofans.com as well as an interesting schematic that may offer more of a permanent solution.

Do you by any chance have a better picture of the blue/white plug? And from what I read if I have to replace the battery I have to reconnect the wire to start the truck and break the connection again. Is this correct?

rj713,

Just a wild suggestion, how about mounting a toggle switch next to the blue plug and just switch it on when you need to?

mayer,

It sure does appear that way. I think a toggle switch would be a great choice. I think that you will have to use it once the codes are cleared i.e. a battery change or any other major power interruption. Turn it of until you need to reset the computer. rj713, it's a white/blue wire that goes to the connector....

OK I like the idea of the toggle switch--give me a couple of days to get the parts and check locations. I'll let you know how it comes out.

rj713,

Sorry it took so long to try. Thanks again, Ralph.

rj713,

0

gary
1

has anybody had any problems since making the mod. have not done yet trying to decide. also like the toggle switch idea.

0

Javier
1

Same issue 2008 Colorado passlock GM need to step up and fix this !@#$

12/06/2013 please someone let me know if any luck with GM

Javier,

0

Everett Webb
1

Did the mod and still having the problem