1

Simon
13

Wet iPhone

I made my iPhone wet and i didn't know what to do and i used a dryer and i couldn't turn my iPhone off because screen didn't work. It looks alright apart from screen doesn't react to my finger or anything. I made it wet 5 days ago please help

Edited by: Richdave ( )

1

Phillip Takahashi

Simon.

If you can, shut your phone off (somehow, maybe let the battery drain?) and let it dry in a bag of rice. I would also recommend trying this next time instead of a dryer. A phone alone in a dryer obviously would get beat up, but a phone with clothes or other linens is likely to collect static that could hurt the internals. Let the phone sit for a day or two to be 100% sure that all moisture is out of it. Try turning it back on and see if the screen works. If it doesn't, you may need a new display assembly which can be purchased here. We have our manual for this procedure here and I also recommend that you read our water damage page here. Hope this helps good luck!

iPhone 3GS Display Assembly

Includes touchscreen glass, integrated digitizer, LCD, ear piece speaker and home button. Replace a broken, cracked, or shattered iPhone 3GS display with this assembly. Compatible with all iPhone 3GS models. — 28 available at 69.95 each.

0

Walter Galan

May I recommend a Thirsty Bag? It might be of some use.

Thirsty Bag

Drying bag for liquid damaged electronics. The Thirsty Bag is a liquid absorption tool designed to dry all the water out of your phone after it gets wet, protecting it from liquid damage. The Thirsty Bag needs to be used immediately after an accident. Buy — 50+ available at 9.95 each.