1

khkclk
13

Problem with docking connector

Hi:

I have both a Gen 1 and Gen 2 iTouch. I am experiencing the same problem with both devices. When using the type of cable / connector that utilizes a snap lock/push buttons to release - no problems! When using the other type of devices that have a slide in only type of connection, I develop problems with the connection jack. I have to wiggle the cable or iTouch until the correct alignment is achieve, and the communications / charging work. If I don't keep them in the same alignment I lose connection.

This is of course quite prblematic, since most of the newer attachments using the dock connector are of the slide on type.

Are there any solutions for this?

Does anyone else experience the same problems?

Edited by: Kyle Wiens ( )

3

Chris Green

you could try to clean the dock connector, take something like a toothbrush and clean the dock connector, then blow the dust out, that may solve the problem, if not, then you may be stuck with the issue, there are many ways to clean the dock connector, but don't give up, cleaning them requires a steady hand, and patience.

0

Wally B
13

I have the same problem with 1st gen touch, I have to wiggle the cable to achieve a sync. Using a cable with a snap lock/push buttons sometimes works, but more often than not I have to still wiggle the cable. I think I broke the docking connector one day when I accidentally connected the cable the wrong way upside down in the dark.