0

crayford
1

Why is my touch screen not responding?

My daughter's iPhone 3G appears to be working normally - it charges and connects to iTunes fine. You can restore and install new software, you can add media. But the touch screen is not responding. It can't be unlocked at all.

Is it toast?

2

Nick

No, the digitizer connector could be loose

Remove 2 screws from the bottom and lift the display assembly gently

If any connectors are loose, reconnect them

If they are secure, the digitizer is bad

update

Bad digitizer unit was recieved?

Get a diffrent one or exchange it

Edited by: Nick ( )

here is a guide to assist you with that http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta...

Hi nicksmacan. Thanks for your reply. I've replaced the digitizer and there's still nothing. I made very certain that all the cables were properly connected. Any ideas? Cheers

crayford,

Bad digitizer replacement is possible, get a diffrent one or exchange it, try again and report back to me

Nick,

0

anshu123
1

hey i have a iphone 4 & its a USA piece and gave it for a factory unlock in india and that person replaced the motherboard and after dat some times the touch doesnt works and sometimes it works he tried alot but nothing is happening with him.. pls help me as i dnt wnna sell my iphone

0

Norm
1

Had a locked screen this morning on my 3GS. After a cup of coffee and a quick web search on an Apple forum I found the simplest fix to try first.

Hold down the power button and the home button below the touch screen until the screen goes dark and comes back with the Apple logo. Then leave it alone until the password login screen appears and is active. Then log in.

It actually took me two full reboots before the iPhone seemed to be running without any problems.

Seems to me a software reboot is by far preferable to doing barnyard mechanics inside the phone.

0

Michael Striga
1

Lol, Barnyard Mechanics...