0

vikortiz
1

Can I only replace the lcd

My display is half black, I already check with an external monitor and works, but the cuestion is..Do I have to buy the whole display part or can I get only the LCD part and attach it? thanks for your help!

Edited by: osvaldo, machead3, rj713, and pollytintop ( ) , mayer ( )

Thanks for your help!!! nice meeting you guys, now I know were to ask!! jejeje apreciated V>

vikortiz,

8

mayer

Edited by: mayer ( )

MacBook Pro 15" (Models A1226/A1260) LCD Panel

1440x900 LCD / 15.4" / LED backlight — 3 available at 199.5 each.

Use this guide to open it and make sure you are ordering the correct part: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta...

mayer,

The actual problem is most likely a failed CCFL tube, but those type repairs are best left to professionals.

mayer,

7

eTechParts
291

Vikotiz,

The confusion is because Apple does not sell the LCD itself, so if you talk to an Apple authorized repair shop they will tell you you NEED to replace the entire top half. But, like Mayer says, You can buy and replace just the LCD and save a ton of money.

+ vote, Kyle, your expertise is most welcome here. Please list your web site in your profile. Also anything you have on half-screen issues would be welcomed along with sources for CCFLs for large screens. Thanks

mayer,

I'm actually a frequent customer of eTechParts; fantastic customer service!

kevinweber,

1

Josh Aarons
370

I agree with both guys, however if you aren't a seasoned tech this repair is quite difficult and you are very likely to ruin the framing if not careful. Also, you can't LCD shop on this machine because there are only 2 lcd's that will work properly and they are now discontinued which is why they are so expensive.

Edited by: Scott Dingle ( )