0

Eloi
1

Screen not working. LCD or logic board problem?

My MacBook Pro (A1260, 2.4) does not display any graphics at all.

It is not a Back-light issue since the back-light actually works (I'm able to adjust the brightness of the screen). I don't think it is the graphic card either since I'm able to operate the computer with an external display.

An Apple Genius told me it could be either the LCD display itself or the Logic Board, but didn't give any conclusive diagnostic.

Can anyone tell what it is?

Thank you very much.

UPDATE:

I replaced the Display Data Cable but the problem persists. Please, anyone have any idea? What is to be done next?

It is really annoying since the computer is perfectly fine, just for this screen issue, and I can not keep operating the computer with an external screen.

I will really appreciate any answer.

UPDATE: STILL NOT WORKING!

Well, I had my LCD panel replaced, and still not working... I'm out of ideas... Is it an inverter problem, can it be replaced?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Eloi ( )

Can you see the desktop while holding a flashlight at an angle to it?

mayer,

1

Matt Barnes

If the laptop displays on an external monitor, then it is not the logic board that is the problem. My money is on the LCD because you already replaced the display data cable.

Have you tried resetting the SMC and PRAM? Also, try booting up with only one RAM chip in at a time. I have seen bad RAM cause strange issues like this.

MacBook Pro 15" (Models A1226/A1260) LCD Panel

1440x900 LCD / 15.4" / LED backlight — 8 available at 199.5 each.

Have to agree with your diagnosis on this. +

rj713,

Thanks for you answer. Neither resetting the SMC nor PRAM solved the problem. It is not a RAM issue either. So I guess I will be replacing the LCD panel, hopefully this will do it. Thank you very much!

Eloi,