0

Mallory Harber
1

Home button sticking after I replaced digitizer

The home key is sticking after I replaced the digitizer on my iphone 3g. It appears to be properly aligned, however, I am no expert at phone repair, so it may not be. The home key is fully functioning, though. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?

Home button sticking is to vague. What do you mean? Pressing it is not smooth, or a simple push results in multiple clicks. If pressing is not smooth then possibly you placed the digitizer adhesive too close and it is touching the home button. If so clean home button with isopropyll alcohol a bit generous so it can seep down at edge of Home Button and dissolve the missaligned adhesive. Tell me your Home Buttom problem in more detail so we can help you fix it. Brad

Brad,

1

pollytintop

Open the phone back up, flip the display over and have a look at the gold prongs. They should be raised slightly up from the home button assembly. They are very fragile but if they're a bit flat this may be why it feels like it's sticking