1

jim fleming
13

Drivers side window,power door locks wont work

Hard to start yesterday,drivers side window,power door locks wont work,either by buttons on both doors or on key fob.Other windows work! Replaced Battery checked door lock fuse,still no drivers side window or door locks.

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

I have the same problem. it occured about 6 months ago and I took the fuses out and they were all good, but the next day it started working. I have the problem again and so far haven't figured it out.

chris,

i have the same problem and it works some daysand dont work other days. ds window dont work and pdl dont work

colin lilly,

3

144k

The most likely cause of your problem is the master switch in the drivers door. The windows and the locks are on two separate circuits. The only part that these two have in common is the master switch.

Of course it is also possible that the wiring harness between the driver side door and cowl is corroded and that some of the pins are to corroded or even broken off and do not make contact. Also check that you have good and tight positive and negative battery cable connection to the battery posts. Wiggle the cables a bit. If it still does not work, pull out and put back fuse #8 and circuit breaker/relay #68. Try wiggling relay #68 it might just not make good contact or is stuck.

Pulling the fuse or breaker cuts the power and resets the circuit. Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

+ I would go here if the reset fails.

mayer,

3

mayer

I would first try resetting the locking options:

With the engine off, turn the key to LOCK. Do not remove the key from the ignition.

Press and hold the power door lock button until the DIC display shows the current door lock mode.

To view the next available mode, press and hold the reset stem until the mode appears. Release the reset stem and press and hold again to view the next mode.

Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC display, briefly press the reset stem to set your choice. The DIC display then clears.

The following are the available modes:

Lock 1 (default): On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P). On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks all of the doors when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 2: On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks the driver's door when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P). On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks the driver's door when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 3: On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P). The doors will not automatically unlock. On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h). The doors will not automatically unlock.

+ very concise and informative. But what about the window :-) ?

Well my answer doesn't cover the window, ego, mine is most likely wrong ;-)

mayer,

but this is an easier check and a great start to make sure one does not have more than one problem. ;-)

3

bobby
37

This is easy stuff

Forget fuses ..forget switchs

This will cost You nothing!

Was your battery Low or dead before this Happen?

Here is What you have to do.

Disconnect your battery..Just the positve cable(red)

Important part.....leave it off for 15 minutes before you put cable back on

everything will reboot properly

Take care

Bobby

I thought that I heard this hear before but you disconnect the battery terminals and hold them together for 15 or more minutes then reconnect them. This has worked for me before but again I am having the problem and it's not working . Need help fixing it.

Chris ,

2

Duane Jordan
25

I removed control panel on the drivers door with the switches for locks and windows. took it in the house thinking that there was maybe a condensation/corrosion problem. first thing I did was put the wives hair dryer on it and after a few seconds heard a couple of clicks which I think where stuck internal buttons underneath the push/pull switches. went and hooked it up, perfect no problem.

Prior to this I tried everything, resetting, unhooking battery, fuses, unplugging/plugging back in, checked wires in door jam, the only thing I didn't get to was the the transmission shifter switch which was next on the list.

hope this works for someone. nb put the hair dryer on the hottest setting

0

Joshua Pausha
1

It sound like the motor to the window is dead.

Why would the motor to the power window stop the power door locks from working ;-) ?

0

John
1

Hi fellow H3 owners,

this window problem just happened to me, It all started with doing a brake job, new calipers, rotors and . While I was working on the truck, I left the radio on and listened to my favorite music, for about a hour, . After finishing job I was ready to go for a test ride,.

The driver side window was stuck down, and all door locks would not work, all the other windows went up and down as they should, but still no drivers window, or door locks,! I checked all fuses, even #68 relay but still could not find problem, I drove 18 miles in 30 degree weather at nite, got home and was very confused with this truck.! The next day I took master control unit out of door disconnected all wires, cleaned pins etc, and put back together, also I took off positive and negative battery cables off battery, cleaned them , put them back on and tightened good, Well , I turned the key and everything worked,??? all good. windows worked, door locks worked, very happy with out come.

I went to dealer as this still did not make any sense to me, he told me that when the battery starts to get low in voltage the computers will sense some thing wrong and will start shutting down non-essential items in truck, drivers window and locks first, then other things like turn signals, driving lights, heater motor,!!! Man this truck has had me pulling my hair out, But still love my H3.

I hope this short story will help someone else who might have same trouble.

My girl friend has a H3 also, now I need to tackle her problem, no heater motor, no heat or AC. what next. I had this problem on mine so I know what it is, still a pain, and all computer related . Good luck all and good nite.

0

si ti
1

same problem, it was the rubber mat between the power window button and the receiver / cct board in the driver control panel for me.

one day i had no power locks or driver window? weird. i checked everything! did every kind of cable pull off the battery, asked mechanics?

I pulled the control panel out and put it back together, then with dielectric grease on the plugs and the fuses were good.? i thought it was the fob so i messed with that for a while, changed modes.

then pulled panel out again and brought it inside and was looking at how it works and noticed the rubber mat was sort of flapping a bit at one end. i pulled it right off and had a look. because the mat wasn't on properly the window and button relays were missing their target. put it back securely and put it all back together, put it back in the car and bam!! working!

0

Ken
1

The solution is to ensure a few actions are completed:

- A fully charged battery (even a new battery may need a top off charge)

- clean battery terminals with an abrasive pad or sandpaper& grease the battery terminals

- check and change the fuses for the drivers window and power locks (#8 & #68)

- disconnect both positive and negative battery terminal leads for at least an hour to reset the computer

- drive the vehicle with several stops to restart the engine several times

I read all of the other advice and tips around this issue and had to complete all of the above to resolve my exact same issue after replacing a dead battery. Problem was finally corrected after a driving around for several errands and restarting the vehicle about 4 times over a 5 hour period.

0

Charlie
1

After battery went dead on my H3 (dash cam drained it), driver's window and door locks were inop after I re-charged the batt. Checked fuse #8 and relay 68. Both were good. Popped out driver's door switch assembly (used thin screw driver on forward and rear edges-- clips are in those locations). Removed blue and white wire harnesses and heated switch assembly with a hair dryer for a few minutes. Heard two loud clicks. Reassembled harnesses, turned key on and all systems were operational.

Thanks Duane Jordan for the good info!!

0

Andrew
1

Did all of the above 3 times on my 07. Finally I pulled the door switch and took it apart ( 4 screws ) cleaned the contacts and re assembled. ( all very easy. Just be careful when taking it apart ) Now I don't know if it was the cleaning of the switch or the new battery ( the old one had good power but was 6 yrs old so I figured what the heck ) Either way the only thing I did differently with the battery on my 3rd attempt was to leave it disconnected longer, appox 45 mins while I ate dinner. When I went back and connected it, everything worked. Thanks to all the posters for your assistance. Great info and it saved my cheap !@# a trip to the dealer. :)

0

Micahel
1

I have to agree with Bobby from above. This happened to me, checked all fuses, #8 on my truck, obviously I know its just my drivers side window and locks, but thought i'd check it anyway.

THEN, pulled the Positive cable off battery for 5 minutes.... BINGO. everything works now.

Good Luck!

0

martin rizzo
1

Removed switch from door removed 3 screws on bottom of switch took completely apart removed plastic pins and cleaned out with can of air and windows works and so does power locks. Easy fix

0

zack
1

I Have had this problem before and if you have any aftermarket remote car start it scrambles the bcd (body control module) and whenever you disconnect the battery it will do this also as it causes the computer to get confused and stuck in between modes eventually the car will go back to normal its just a matter of time

0

Kenny
1

Thank you for info. Driver power window and door locks lost signal. Removed Pos and Neg battery connections waited 5 minutes hooked battery back up problem solved.

0

earl
1

same problem, took the master switch out used a transmission magnet on the 3 relays swiping the magnet back and forth. put back together it works now. problem weak relays

0

Harris
1

H3 left a door open over night ran battery down, boosted and then the problem with the driver door and power locks started. Was told when battery goes low it sets off the problem just need to reset it by unplugging the battery for 5min. Give it time it does reset! Not worth being told you need a new switch $250.00 :) hope it helps!

2014

Edited by: Harris ( )

0

John
1

The first fix to try when ever any part of your window and door control panel or any electrical function for that matter does not work or is not working correctly is to disconnect the negitive battery cable, that's the non hot side. Leave the hot side connected. By leaving the negative cable disconnected over night the computers will reset and solve a lot of electrical issues. If nothing else this give you a potential very easy fix and has worked for me on many make of cars and trucks.