0

Joe
13

How difficult is it to repair/replace a broken 4th gen iPod Touch screen?

My 10 year duaghter dropped and cracked the screen of her 4th gen iTouch. Oddly enough it still works.

1

tabormeister

The lcd is probably fine, unlike the digitizer and glass that sits over it. Unfortunately, they are inseparable. There are sites where you can buy one, personally I would go for eBay and a reputable seller, as ifixit doesn't offer it. The guide is here.

cheers,

-tabormeister

I can't accept your answer. I can give you a thumbs up for the right one.

ABCellars,

tabormeister - Thanks for your insight. The cost for an asssembled glass/digitizer/LCD is $85. About half the cost of a new unit. Hard lession. - Joe

Joe,

hey, could you accept my answer? thanks:)

tabormeister,

The replacement is not that easy. The asssembled glass/digitizer/LCD have no HomeButton. You must take the one from the old front and glue it to the new one... If you don't know how to do that stuff it is better for you to buy a new one and sell the broken one at eBay...

James Bond,

1

Dave
181

Just remember when purchasing a new digitizer that it will not come with the home button OR the metal plate that sticks to the back of the digitizer. make sure you retain these from your broken one to attach on to your new one. The home button does not need gluing, it has a sticky rubber surround that holds itself in place.