0

jake
1

Why is my disc slot flashing blue?

Why is my disc slot flashing blue very fast and I know that it is definitely not because I have a new message. I know what that looks like. This is very different.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , jake ( )

did you get an answer? mine is doing the same?

Cindy Cindy,

i have the same problem...im not connected to wifi or anything and i dont have a balance board...sometimes its a lil loud when its running and my blue disc slot lights up randomly until i unplug the power from the back.

danielle,

I am having the same issue. We were watching Netflix and the blue light was on and it blinks. Now with the console off the blue light is still flashing. Wish I knew why.

coachmom84,

I encountered something similar. I installed Hulu+ and Netflix on mine last night and it started to have the blue light on all night, even after I turned it off. It goes bright, then slowly dims, then brightens up again. I feel like I'm in a hotel at Vegas with the lights dimming and flashing in my room. What does that mean?

Raw,

2

mayer

When the blue light is on, it indicates that your Wii is connected to either a wireless or wired LAN, and the Wii has downloaded new data. That data could be an email message, a system update, or some other type of information which you should review and act upon.

This light indicator feature is part of WiiConnect24. This allows your Wii console to receive a wide variety of data automatically. Use the WiiConnect24 settings to turn WiiConnect24 on and off. Turning it on allows you to enable its Standby mode to receive data automatically 24 hours each day, even when the system isn't in active use.

There are three options for the slot illumination:

Bright The Wii's Disc Slot will blink bright blue when WiiConnect24 has received new data.

Dim The Wii's Disc Slot will blink a dim blue when WiiConnect24 has received new data.

Off The Wii's Disc Slot will not blink when WiiConnect24 has received new data.

Here's the operating manual: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloa...

Edited by: mayer ( )

This is not what is happening. I understand the WiiConnect24. This is very different. This is a very severe problem because not only does the disc slot blink blue very very fast but the wii will not turn off when this happens and nothing shows up on the tv screen while this is happening. I repeat it has nothing to do with WiiConnect24.

jake,

Try these steps! Insert a Wii Balance Board compatible game disc in the Wii console. Use the Wii Remote to select the Disc Channel from the Wii Menu, then select "Start" to begin the game. Press the A Button to bypass the wrist strap screen. Open the small SD Card slot cover on the front of the Wii console. Remove the Battery Cover on the bottom of the Wii Balance Board. Press and release the SYNC button on the Wii Balance Board. The blue light on the board will start blinking. Press and release the red SYNC button on the Wii console while the blue light on the board is still blinking. The blue light will stop blinking and stay on steady once the syncronization is complete. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems...

mayer,

Thank you for your help but this is not what my problem is. I do not own a balance board and do not have any games for the balance board. I wish I Could post a video of what is happening because then you could see what I am talking about. The it basically seems like it is the equivalent of the red ring of death for the XBOX but for the WII because when it is flashing I cant do anything with the wii like I cant even turn it off, i have to unplug it from the wall in order for it to stop flashing. while it is flashing it also is frozen on the screen and it will not advance from the first screen that usually comes up when turning on the wii.

jake,

Sorry, I'm just not able to help you. Perhaps you should go directly to Nintendo foe support help, here's where: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/index.j...

mayer,

0

Emanuel
1

The reason it's flashing blue is because you have unread messages. You can turn it off in the wii settings.

0

Sanka Muzikant
1

My Wii started flashing slowly from bright to dim, basck to bright, etc. as soon as I synced it to my Club Nintendo account. I believe that kind of flash has to do with it. As far as it being online, when you connect it to the internet, the standby light will become orange instead of red.

0

bailey jones
1

For the person that said they watch Netflix, it's because you got a message. It might've even been 2 years seens you got the message. Turn off wii conect 24 and if that does not work the go to message board, then at the bottom left you will see a calender, click that and check all the days seems you've had the wii and delete all the yellow mail envelops. An if its happening offline then you go to settings- wii connect 24- and turn all the settings to off. Hope this helps! Good luck!

And if that does not work, send it in or get a new one or even the new wii u.

Edited by: bailey jones ( )

0

Henry
1

Well, I would leave it alone but if it's really bothering you then fix it.

0

Eleusis
1

All of these answers suck !@#

0

Logan Bradford
1

This isn't an answer, but, what if you don't read messages all the time, and plays Mario Kart Wii?

Do you hack your Wii so it doesn't get any messages?