0

iCris
191

I totally forgot my pasword!

Hello!!! What can i do to fix mah iPod? I setted a password a few days ago but today i woke up and i wanted to listen some music but i can't remember what the password was!!! what can i do?? Without loosing my music and games!!!???

2

iCris the only way I know without loosing your data is under the windows OS

First plug in the ipod, go to My Computer. Click on the ipod drive, then go to tools > folder options. Then click view, click show hidden files. Go to ipod_control. Then go to device there should be a file named "_locked" ,delete that. Unplug the ipod and you should be ready to go hope this makes sense, let me know if there is a step that i may have missed. Sorry I do not know about how to do that on the other computer OS :-) Good Luck

+ Use iPod Rip or Senuti to recover data if using a Mac

mayer,

i did this First plug in the ipod, go to My Computer. Click on the ipod drive, then go to tools > folder options. Then click view, click show hidden files after that nothing come to screen,what can i do

shahanas,

0

Max
1

The easiest way is to reset your ipod but i think that your games and music will be deleted

Edited by: Max ( )

0

Boxo
1

If you encrypt an iPod backup on iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password, you can continue to back up and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password. You do not need to enter the password for your backup each time you back up or sync. If you cannot remember the password and want to start again, you can use a SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery to unlock iTunes backup password at first.

Edited by: Boxo ( )

0

sak
1

where is ipod control ?