0

Helene
1

Help! No one can hear me when I answer a call on my ip4!

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Whenever I answer a call I can hear the caller clearly - all they get is complete silence or crackerling even when I am speaking. I have tested the mic by doing a voice recording and that worked great, so the mic is fine - it played back perfectly. If I press the phone the back of the phone just above the apple logo it sometimes works and the person can hear me - any ideas would be really appreciated.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Helene ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

crevz
286

Has it been dropped? All of the connectors are right where you mention, above the apple logo. I would follow the step-by-step guide found here to check the connections, otherwise, just take it back to the apple store. Its still under warranty and they will do it (or replace it with a new phone).

0

ksl82
1

I had the same problem with the 3G phone and it was a bug with the iPod app. This worked for me and hopefully will work for you, too:

http://bluescreensolutions.blogspot.com/...

0

Chris
43

If you're comfortable opening your phone, try replacing the Power Proximity Light Sensor Signal Flex Ribbon Cable. The mic is attach to that.

0

brianna johnson
1

I had the same problem with my tracphone and it was only a microphone glitch