1

mrhyde1018
13

no power to my console

i tried to turn on my new xbox 360 slim and nothing. i order a new power supplise and still nothing. the light on the power supplie is orange and the when i press the power it turns red. I tried to send it to xbox and they refuse to fix do to bad sticker. I dont know what to do,I only had it for two months, I dont want to buy a new one. help..

did you pklug it in

anthony,

4

Chris Green

What did you open it for? Check for any damage to the motherboard, and any metal/solder that might be shorting it out. The power supply is turning red to protect the console, so it might not be permenantaly damaged.

I open it after everyone refuse to fix. I check the mother board and I didnt see any damage.Is there any way I can track the power through the board to see where it might have problems. or know of someone I can take it to, that can fix it, I spent 400 on it and only played it fr two months.

mrhyde1018,

Chris meant what did you open it for before sending it back to Microsoft. They refused to fix it for you because it seems like they felt like you opened it before sending it to them. Is this the case?

Bob,

1

anthony
1

No power is normally caused by either a bad Mosfet or a bridged connection. In the traditional xbox 360, if you have no power due to a bad Mosfet (power regulator), it will turn on and red ring, reading codes 0001,0002, or 0003. I am not sure how slim error codes work so I couldn't say for sure the source of your problem.. but if you hadn't opened it before I would say check inside of the USB ports and make sure nothing in them is bridged.. also look for bridged connections on the motherboard. Other than that, you'd have to check each mosfet for correct power output and replace the ones that are bad and hopefully that would fix it.

0

mark
1

i took a heat gun and heated the back of the mother board for 3min and then turn in on the top side heating it for around 4min and it came back on hope yours work

0

Gabriel
1

Jejejeje is very easy i bet u is onley the RF Board the little one behind the faceplate and is onley 15 buks!

Well I have the same problem. Light turns green for about a second then turns back off...I get the beep on the front and that's about it... Also it is not the RF board in the front mister very easy your wrong in this case.....

bubblious1222,