1

Kiba32b
13

What can I do to fix my video card?

My computer first started acting up after I downloaded an update for a game. The game then caused me to randomly have bsod which did not provide me any error code. My monitor has started cutting out every once in a while now and the entire screen shows a random color. To reverse this I have to put the computer into standby mode and reactivate it. I appreciate any help you can offer.

My computer is a Compaq Presario V6000 with an intel integrated chip set.

Kiba32b,

2

mayer

Go here and see if your machine has the Nvidia issue: http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/affected...

My computer wasn't on the list. It has an Intel integrated chip set.

Kiba32b,

1

XnriquX

You can try to reflow the GPU chip it is fairly easy if you know what you are doing. A more permanent solution would be to re-ball the soldering on the GPU chip you can youtube it so you can get an idea of how to do it but the tools needed would probably cost more than a new laptop. I have fixed this problem on numerous laptops by just doing a reflow so that is probably what I would do. Good luck!!

1

Laptop Repair Guy
325

1

Kiba32b, you might want to check here http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/33368... about how to reflow and fix the issues that might be causing your problems. Good luck

0

tekalouest
1

Compaq Presario V6000 are known for a big hardware problems with the GPU and the Mainboard.

I have one, my laptop still have a black screen when booting... nothing on the screen.

So I took the mainboard, remove CPU, RAM, and remove any plastic item ( eveything you know it can melt )... And put the mainboard in the oven ( at 160°C ) for 3 minutes.

When 3 min past, be careful, handle the mainboard carefully. Put in on your table.

Wait until the mainboard is cool.

Replace the mainboard carefully.

=> Test