1

Ken
13

autofocus is not working

my iphone 4 camera works well but it doesn't want to autofocus! i've tried rebooting and restore. still not working, i tap to focus, i only see the blue square but does not focus.

what should i do?

1

Matt Barnes

You tried everything I would recommend before opening up the phone, but before you opening it up you should take it back to Apple to see if they can fix it or give you a replacement.

Edited by: Matt Barnes ( )

my phone is jailbroken, so apple won't help. could it be the actual camera? cause if thats the case, ill buy a replacement camera.

Ken,

With the knowledge that the iPhone is jailbroken, I think that the problem is software related rather than hardware. I don't have much experience with jailbraking, so hopefully others can give you some more insight into the problem.

Matt Barnes,

thanks, but i think its the camera itself, cause it was working before and my phone was jailbroken.

Ken,

I doubt very much it's the jailbreak. If you tried a restore and the camera still doesn't function properly, then it's a hardware issue.

Majesty,

Well yes, you could restore it and return it to Apple. But if you're using Ultrasn0w to unlock your old phone, you won't be happy with the new one they give you!

Allen Voshall,

1

mohd helmi che hamid
13

i have iphone4 32gb.

my auto focus also not working.i was tried everthing but not work.

-restore firmware/ios = not working

-install super camera = not working

and lastly i've got the problem solved!

step 1:

open your default camera application and dont close it.

step 2:

flick the rear camera using your finger at the top side and the back side of the camera lens,

and that same time too try to tap your screen to help your camera to force/help/make auto focus function to work.

and now your camera + auto focus is working!!

Neat Trick. But this should not be happening, and it's bound to happen again. Might as well replace the hardware.

Majesty,

im only trying to help. my camera just work right now. other member was try this 'neat trick' and make their camera working again. you can see this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.p...

mohd helmi che hamid,

you guys will not believe it, I have the same opinion 5 mins ago. Let's try if you are really have the problem, it works. I did 20times flick at the back. I type this comment from HK, I tell you the method is really working.

fan,

you see that! 'neat trick' become a magic trick. :P

mohd helmi che hamid,

0

Alex Santamaria
1

The camera is faulty. The same thing happened to my phone. Since it is jailbroken, just do a restore of the firmware but don't sync the phone with any of your information. Take it to apple and they will give you a replacement. That is exactly what happened to mine.

I suggest downloading "AptBackup" from Cydia to restore all of your cydia apps once you get your new phone and restore.

AptBackup is not a good recommendation. Many, Many bugs. PKGBackup is a more stable package.

Majesty,

0

Lakhan
1

I had the same problem and was pretty annoying as cannot take any closeup pictures (QR codes won't get scanned)

For me the flicking think never worked.

But this worked for me :

Dismantled the camera, made sure all the contacts were clear and then put it back . I also used a earbuds to press the lens lightly to release any sticky moisture that would prevent it to auto focus.

0

jojo351
1

get a new module!

The flicking did work for me at the first time but not after about a month... I think it is a physical fault.

see my comparison pictures

[IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363...[/IMG]

0

TOM
1

I Try to flicking on the camera, but didn't work so i order a new camera and i replaced the old one,

but still not focusing

i cant update my phone because i'm using t mobile on a jailbraken I-phone 4 4.1 02.10.04

Help!!! anyone know what should i do