1

lee bryan
13

How can I fix my power button?

now my power button doesn't work.

power button has gradually gotten lower and lower through normal use. maybe i have pushed stongly

i cant wake up my phone when it is slept and also cant turn on.

i've used connecting usb cable for wake up my phone in sleep mode since it had been broken.

how can i fix it?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Sterling Hirsh ( )

Same issue here!

rd20032002,

4

charlie
187

If you mean by fix your switch. It can be replaced. But, without a parts number to reference, locating a replacement part is very harder to find.

The only source I've found to locate a used part so far is, the "HTC PB00100 (Verizon) ERIS", which uses the same exact switch, for it's volume up/down function, and, can sometime be obtained fairly cheep on eBay, as junk.

I'm sure Digikey carries something, if not an exact replacement, but, without a part number, is a fishing trip, without bate.

The switch itself, is a "very tiny" plastic, 4 lead spst, push to activate, side mount, about the width of a T-15 torx head tool. Very subject to heat damage.

The actual replacement requires SMA soldering skills (re-flow soldering technique), a good eye (a large magnification lens helps), and steady handed nerves.

The Logic board pad area, also needs to be "reconditioned" to accept regular solder, prior to installation (I've no idea what the OEM used as solder, but, it's hard to melt and re-solder anything to is almost impossible). Also, clean and re-tin the switch leads, leaving a very small amount of new solder on the leads.I recommend using.022 silver bearing solder, (it use to be available as Radio Shack as 64-013) the small gage solder allows for more control over the flow.

Once the board and switch are conditioned, place the new switch over it's correct location on the board. Hold it in position with a pair of tweezers, just enough pressure so it doesn't shift. I can't over stress not to over heat the part. The soldering gun need to be a temperature controlled unit set at low to moderate temperature, clean and wet (wet=clean shiny tip, conditioned with a light coat of fresh solder).

Touch only 1 switch lead to tack the part into place, recheck the parts location before moving on to the next lead. Once you sure of the parts position tack the remaining leads. Once all 4 leads are secure, add just enough solder, to almost cover the lead (again watch the heat). Done!

If it went well, the switch should still function. If it's in the correct position, the off-set plastic "power button", should activate the switch without breaking the switches tang off.

Reassemble the unit, call your broker.

charlie

+ great answer

1

bubbacrash
13

Download "no lock" from the market, it's free and it allows you to use the volume buttons on the side to unlock the device. Works great and doesn't hurt battery life.

thanks for the no lock idea works great and no need to go to the sprint store

gymbodyatmac,

1

cano7vic
13

get two apps:

1) No lock

2) Screen off and lock

with these 2 there's no need for a power button

htc evo

0

Nick

Maybe a cable came loose from the phone

Try that first before new parts

0

tacojohn
1

I lost my power button when I took the phone apart after dropping it in the river. I just use my fingernail or a ballpoint pen to press on the small button inside. Try removing your power button and bypassing it.

0

ashley Armeni
1

bold text''I am having the same issue with my phone and makes me rather angry... Others are having the same issue as well. http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-EVO-4... check out this site it could be the cause of the issue bc I do have a crack on my phone by the power button... call sprint the more who do the better chances of free phone replacement... ''

0

John Paneras
1

An amazing solution to my problems with HTC Nexus one.

This phone had an elatomatic power button by design. Its the only thing that can fail on this smartphone. And to me, it failed for a second time in the 2 years ownership.

I found this solution after 2 minutes of search and 5 minutes later EVERYTHING works perfectly.

Strongly recommended that you Download Both apps.

Paneras

0

davea0511
1

There are a number of apps that turn your device on by shaking it. Try those. It's what I did. Some turn it off and on both with a shake.

0

Bilal Majeed
1

use this app:

Auto Screen on

ask for further queries

regards,

Bilal

0

John Paneras
1

Hey there. You need to get 2 apps.

1) Power off

2) Fix broken power

The first allows you to lock the phone and the second to wake it up using the volume buttons.

0

Young Chitty
1

Okay what if cell is powered off ....power button broken, how can I power it on and download the apps???? I can't right? Thanks anyway... :(

grass,

0

John Paneras
1

Young Chitty, You need to do the following.

1) Plug your phone to the power source

2) While plugged, remove the battery for 1-2 seconds and then re-place it.

That basically boots up your phone.

0

grass
1

Thank you ... i did that and it worked!!!! The 1st time ..... my battery died again , i pluged it to the computor but nothing ..... the orange light gose on then i took batt. out and light turns off before i can push it back in . nothing. :( thank you

0

katerrah
1

same here dude