0

Meredith
1

Why is my iPhone working but the screen is black?

My iPhone was damanged over the weekend and the screen was shattered. I ordered a new screen and replaced it yesterday and everything was working fine except the earpiece and proximity sensor. I took the phone apart today to fix it and my screen went black in the process. I have checked all of the connections, especially cable #3 and nothing looks out of place. The phone is still working as I can receive calls, emails, etc. I removed the lcd from the glass and it does not look broken at all. Any suggestions as to what is going on? This is the 3rd time I have replaced my screen within a year and this is the first issue that I have had. Thanks!!

mine is doing the same thing i restored it and everything its working fine just the screen is dark no picture all my connections are fine i have redone this 5 times still no picture it lights up a dark blue-black then nothing please tell me there is a connector i missed or something

jimmy honeycutt,

i have the same problem I almost tried every thing to make the screen work but no any react so if any one know how to fix it

Amer,

Amer, have you tried any steps that are suggested here? It is best if you "Ask a question" see link on the right side of this screen and give as much detail as possible. Right now it appears as if yo are answering an old question....Give all the details about your device and your steps with your own question. Good Luck.

My Phone has done the same thing do u think i should reset it?

Bella ,

Bella, the best way of getting help on here is by asking your own question. Each person has a unique problem and not all can be fixed by adding on to other questions. we are a bit more personal on here and want to make sure that everyone gets the answer for their device. Right now both of your "comments and question" appear as an answer tp an old question. Click on the link on the right side of this page "Ask a Question" and give as much detail as possible on here. Specifically look for a userid "pollytintop", perfect person to get assistance from. Good Luck...oh yes delete these two "answers" when you ask your own question.

2

markus weiher
29k

I would first try to reset the device: press and hold the home and the sleep button at the same time until the phone restarts - that should take around 10 seconds (if you have it connected to a computer, you should hear a disconnecting sound) - let it boot up and if you're lucky - it will be fine - if not, we'll have to dig deeper

I tried that a few times with no luck but not when it was connected to a computer. Maybe I can try that? Also, yesterday the screen came on for a split second to show that it needed to be charged... weird!!

Meredith,

let it charge first! working on a powered device is always a bad idea - it could kill the device. if you are still searching for the logicboard guide - use the one on the right side (14- step by step guides ;-) ) but i would first try to charge it and then to reset it

markus weiher,

So, I guess my phone died overnight and when I attached the screen back this morning it worked. Thank goodness!! Note to self, always power down the phone before you open it up. New problem though, the earpiece or the proximity sensor is still not working. The cable #3 is plugged in correctly, at least I think it is, and the clip is not broken and is locked in place. Although the cable #3 will slip out of place fairly easily. Anyone know what is going on?

Meredith,

it shouldn't go easily! those connectors are very fragile. maybe you should check them again. but think about the battery - if the device is on, the baclicght coil could geht shorted and then you have a real problem - so be careful

markus weiher,

I'm not sure how to test it? I tried re-connecting my old screen but the touchscreen doesn't work so I can't determine if it is the cable or the actual connector on the phone. Any suggestions?

Meredith,

2

Keith
25

Try

Take apart again, and remove the logic board, to kill all power to it.

Leave apart for a while to drain power in chips etc,

Re assemble BUT do not try to turn on until the screen etc is reconnected,

I have had the same problem on a few phones, it happens if you try connecting the screen while the phone is still poered on, it must have some sort of safty feature thats reset after disconnecting the battery

Keith

0

Mike C
31

The ribbon cable may have been compromised on the digitizer. I had the same issue and replaced the screen with a different on and worked meaning the problem lies with the digitizer or front display assembly