1

Johny
13

Display MacBook Pro A1260 had a loose connection

Hi there,

i have a Question. My MacBook Pro early 2008 had a display problem. The problem is when i moved my display gently up and down the display flickers and have a black color softly. The authorised apple personal told me that i have a loose connection problem with my display. So my question is what can i do now? should i buy only a new LED panel or a new Display(complete)?

Could you please help me to solve this problem? Thank you so much

Best regards

Edited by: machead3 ( )

Thank you so much for yours quickly response. I think (logically) that the screen itself is not broken. Only when I moved the display down / back then is the black color coming for a few minutes but I can still see the writing on the screen easily(could you imagine that). Therefore, I strongly suspect that the display itself is not broken .. isn`t it? what do you think? I will exchange the Display Data cable, inverter. ''' Thanks once again for your helpful.

Johny,

1

machead3

USe the guide to open the top case

check the connections there, look at the cables for crimps or shorts. If none there then remove the display bezel and check the connections to the inverter, while you're at it lube the hinges and tighten screws before reassembly.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to mark it.

Good Luck,

N.

1

mayer

+ Ralph

rj713,

0

Aram
314

Try taking the computer apart VERY CAREFULLY keep track of every single piece. If the connector is ripped get a new screen, if not just reconnect the connectors.

-Me-

0

Kevin Duterne
1

Try pushing below the Apple on the back of the screen if the color returns your display cable probably isnt broken. It is easily fixable with some doublesided tape. Just follow the Installing display cable tutorial Without removing the cable. When opening the screen you can see the chip right next to the display connector, cut a piece of tape the size of the chip and paste it on there (between chip and plastic).

That should do the job and spare your some money on a new display cable you dont need..