0

pasolradu
1

Dropped ipad and now sleep button is stuck

Hi all,

I dropped my ipad on floor and now the sleep button is stuck and i can't press it anymore.

The aluminum case has changed shape slightly on the top right part by a few mm. Is it worth trying to open it up and maybe fix the case? If i do open it, is there any chance i can close it up again?

Thanks,

Radu

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

markus weiher
29k

it's not an easy task, but you can use the ipad logic board guide.

you can stop after step 8 and try to fix the button.

on the guide page are the needed tools listed - if you use them as shown and if you careful enough, you should be able to close it up again

I did the same thing and have the same problem but don't want to fix it myself. What are my options?

Sandy Pennington,

Sandy Pennington, you would help your cause tremendously by asking your own question. Yours show up as an answer to a question that is almost a year old. Nobody is going to find your question here, thus nobody can help you. On the right hand side of this page is a link "Ask a question" and if you click on it you get to the site that lets you ask your own. Try it, ts not difficult.