3

ray
49

How can I fix my touch screen?

My calibration on my touch screen went out is there any fix ?

I tried powering down, removing battery, switching sim card.

My touch screen just stopped working.

I can’t reply or even look at my text messages. PLEASE Help!

my phone say out of range and it wont let me read my message please help me

how can i rreset my phone if the screen isnt working and i cant get to the keyboard

my touch screen has been drop a few times but not so hard and finally it just stop working do you have any suggestion on what i should do

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , antonio ( ) , blackqueen01985 ( )

Has this device gotten wet or been dropped?

Adam Hintz,

No, the calibration on screen is out of place. the top cross is on bottom and bottom cross is out of range.

ray,

Had the same problem on all 3 Impressions I owned. AT&T denies there's a problem, but the same problem keeps coming up every 3 months or so. I found out, if there's anything you really really need from the phone, sometimes putting it in the freezer for 5 minutes or so will give you a minute or 2 of full use. Otherwise, if you had the phone less then a year, AT&T should warranty it. More then a year, time to buy a new phone.

Dave,

My Impression is doing the same thing with the touch screen, but mine is also weird colors and random checkers everywhere.

Wyatt,

No Answer, only misery from this company. I swear, every Samsung product I have EVER owned has caused me some sort of trouble. I've 3 phones, THREE phones from these 'people' and ALL of them, their touch screens went out, leaving me totally screwed. I even lost a chance at a great job, because I couldn't call this guy back, because my Samsung phone, actually I'm not capitalizing samsung anymore. My samsung phone wouldn't allow me to call anyone but my last call. I'm so done with samsung, I hope they go bankrupt. I've never been so frustrated my whole life. And by the way, all these phones were purchased new with no upgrade, nothing. I pulled them from the shelf and threw down 2 and 3 hundred greenbacks for this crap. And of course, NO ONE can do anything or help me at all. The iPhone is the ONLY phone. Androids suck, Blackberrys suck, samsung is the king of everything that sucks, and I won't be the victim of their crap anymore. They got paid, they got my money, and it's off to the golf course to laugh at me and all the others who spend their hard earned cash on these greedy, greedy people who smile in our face then claim "sorry sir, there's nothing we can do". They should be ashamed of themselves. Also, I've tried everything and nothing works, trash your phone and save up till you can get an iPhone. Apple is the only company left that seems to respect the notion of "you get what you pay for".

Lennon Blake,

5

Glada
89

The touchscreen quit working on me last week (Samsung Impression a877). I took it to an AT&T store but they couldn’t find anything wrong. My contract ends at the end of November so I can’t get a new phone cheap yet. But I found online yesterday a Samsung service code that does a full reset of the phone. That fixed the phone. Now that I can operate my phone again the software version is A877UCID3, model SGH-A877. So far the phone is still working. Hopefully this fix will work for you.

I typed the code using the keyboard and used the keyboard “enter key” when done typing. A screen message came up briefly. Something about processing and that the phone will shut off and restart. After the restart the touchscreen was working again.

WARNING: Entering the following code will erase all data (contacts, text messages etc) from the phone. Back up your phone first, if possible.

code: *2767*3855#

Edited by: Alex Jansen ( )

Yeah..probably help to WARN PEOPLE that if they put in that code to reset their phone EVERYTHING ON THEIR PHONE WILL BE ERASED..geez

kimmiscottmarsden,

Good thing I synced my phone to my computer because my whole phone book has been erased!!! AAAAAAAAAAA

Melvin Diaz,

Entering the reset code will absolutely reset your phone. I took my Samsung back to the AT&T store because for the Fifth time the touch screen stopped functioning. They acknowledged that this is a known issue with this phone...I gave up and purchased the new iPhone 4 and life is good now

Laura Lass,

I tried the code too, but it didn't work and now it is stuck on "tap the center of the target. repeat as the target moves." of course this is not working. :(

Dawn Karafa,

i never had any problems with my impression until about november. thats when some of the keys would stick or not work the first time i hit them. couple weeks later my touch screen was starting to be a punching bag..my fingers were sore from tryin to get things to work. then i made the mistake of using a cheap phone for a couple days..since then the touch screen will not work period..and it dont help that i have a start up lock on it so now i cant get into it at all!

Lindsey,

6

Ti Man
95

Sorry this is late in coming but to fix the frozen screen try using your finger nail to get under the side of the screen and lift up.... note... keep your nail under the screen as you run around the edges as it does pull out stuff like pocket lint that gets stuck in the craves.... do this all the way around the screen to the best of your ability... it worked for my sgh-a877... but I didn't really try to lift up on the screen until after I did the code reset, was stuck with the touch screen calibration, lost everything and decided I wouldn't mind any side effects if I lifted the screen to far and popped it off.....(the screen never popped off) phone is fully functional again

Thank you TiMan! "Sorry this is late in coming but to fix the frozen screen try using your finger nail to get under the side of the screen and lift up.... note... keep your nail under the screen as you run around the edges as it does pull out stuff like pocket lint that gets stuck in the craves.... do this all the way around the screen to the best of your ability... it worked for my sgh-a877... but I didn't really try to lift up on the screen until after I did the code reset, was stuck with the touch screen calibration, lost everything and decided I wouldn't mind any side effects if I lifted the screen to far and popped it off.....(the screen never popped off) phone is fully functional again I did the hard reset (everything gets saved to sim or memory card anyway) and got stuck with "Tap the center of the target. Repeat as the target moves." Which, of course, was not helpful as tapping did nothing. So, I used the tip of a pin (my fingernails are acrylic and therefore too big) all around the edge of the touch screen, was surprised by the amount of lint etc, and was immediately able to do the tapping thing and it works great now! Had my phone for almost 2 years now.

Amy Anderson,

thank you amy. liftin up the screen w/ my fingernail worked. i smashed it bout 20 times so figured i'd try it. thanks.

miket,

thank you Amy... running my finger nail around the screen helped a lot i'm up and talking again, so glad i didnot trash the phone.

toni,

1

Michael Steuart
13

My friend's phone was just doing that. I opened the slider and pressed a hotkey to the address book then I hit end call button to cancel out, after that I was able to press menu and get into the phone options to recalibrate the touch screen.

I think the problem is that the phone thinks its open, which changes the coordinates for horizontal use. You just have to trick it back into normal mode. It shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by: Taylor Arnicar ( )

1

vrameshk26
13

I had a similar issue with calibration on my Samsung impression touch screen. The successful solution to this problem which worked for me is to replace the digitizer.

First I tried resetting my phone with the help of this link

http://www.samsung-impression.org/samsun...

To do a hard reset on your phone hit the dial button and key in *2767*3855# on the keyboard, phone will then reset and reboot.

It worked for a day or two but back to the same problem.

Then I ordered a flex cable, digitizer and a screw driver set all together for less than $20 at amazon.com.

With the help of these videos, I replaced the flex cable, did not work.Then I replaced the digitizer and my phone looks and works like a brand new phone with the new digitizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbCCF-s15...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOH-Fl3jl...

Thanks to all the people who put out those links and videos

Edited by: vrameshk26 ( )

0

ssull2010
1

If your problem is anything like mine, it will work when you slide open your phone. Try sliding your phone open and pressing that return button under the backspace. If you are able to scroll up and down your recent call list this may work for you. Just a heads up it does not work every time, but when it does it allows you to access your texting inbox and read/reply to texts (using the crappy keyboard) Okay hit the call end button so you are back at your home screen. Now, on the side of your phone, there is a button above the volume controls. Slide open your phone and hit that button. It will give you the option of "messaging." Try playing with the way you hit the screen, for example slide your finger up after pressing firmly on the image you want. If it does open, you can then read and respond to texts! Hope this works for you! Like I said, it's not a realistic permanent fix, but until you get a new phone it should work!

0

oph420
1

you can buy a replacement. Take them both apart n switch the mother boards. I've done this twice. U jus need n eyeglass repair screw driver n the video from youtube on how to take apart an Impression. Clearly a defect phone but this is a sure shot way to retrieve all lost info due to touch screen failures.

0

Daniel
1

It's easier to fix that it seems. I took a bobby pin, removed the rounded piece on the end. I opened the slider, and slid it between the back side of the phone, slide it around, and the touch screen returned to working condition.

Daniel, What Round Piece on Which End? Are you talking about the tiny circle/hole that is at the bottom/end of the phone? (The circle is on the right side when looking at the bottom of the phone.) Daniel had written: It's easier to fix that it seems. I took a bobby pin, removed the rounded piece on the end. I opened the slider, and slid it between the back side of the phone, slide it around, and the touch screen returned to working condition. == Update == vrameshk26, Will you please give me more details on which set you bought on Amazon? I searched and I did not find a set that has both the flex cable and the digitzer. "Then I ordered a flex cable, digitizer and a screw driver set all together for less than $20 at amazon.com." == Update == Marboo, How Long did you put it in the freezer? "Try putting in the freezer. it worked for me.."

Allen,

0

Marboo
1

Try putting in the freezer. it worked for me..

my fon was fixed by the five minute of freezer and the gunk clean out..i couldnt believe it. jeff nj

jp1899,

0

Flatfoot
1

I just had the same problem with my impression. I tried everything from resetting the phone and losing all my info. to letting it drop onto the carpet from six feet. Nothing worked.

I took the battery out and reinserted it and the screen came back. I held down the "talk" button for about ten seconds and touched the screen and it has worked for the past few days without a problem.

0

marisliganangco
1

my samsung s4 touch screen is not working, i tried removing the battery since i can no longer tap on the screen, i cannot proceed to the keypad and even if i connect the device to my computer i still can't access my phone's memory or sd card coz the phone asks if i should connect the device to the computer which again i cannot choose to bcause i caa\nnot tap on the screen, what should i do? please help,, this was given to me by my brother and i really value this much :(

0

marisliganangco
1

putting the device in the freezer did not work for me

0

ceeandchance
1

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I cleaned the edge of the screen with a thumb tack and the screen works again!!!!!

This Month: 2,449