0

Jose Serrano
11

No Backlight After Screen Repair

I managed to crack my screen. I replaced it with a new screen provided by the famous iFixit.com

When I put it back together, I lost the backlight. I can see the very dim screen. The digitizer works fine.

Anyone have the location and/or fix for the backlight fuse on the new Mini Retina? I see that there is a fix for the 1st gen Mini. Can't find one for the new retina model anywhere on the interwebs.

Thanks.

Well. I knocked out the wrong IC. Before, I would turn on the ipad and the Apple logo would flash nice and bright, then it would dim and continue the boot up.

Now, I turn it on and the Apple logo is immediately dim but I continues with the boot up

Oh well. Maybe in the future ill be able to get a new circuit board. The ipad was only 2 weeks old.

Edited by: Jose Serrano ( )

post a picture of what you did.

jessabethany,

0

jessabethany

Nope--haven't seen a mini 2 yet, but if you find the diode leg, you can probably find the fuse by testing for continuity from the leg to the fuse, then from other side of fuse to the LCD.

I've been doing a lot of iPad mini backlight repairs lately, feel free to ask any other questions.

Found the backlight fuse for the mini 2 retina display!

jessabethany,

0

Loreal
1

Had same issue, changed backlit fuse and now no power. Any help?

sounds like that wasnt the backlight fuse--put it back

jessabethany,

0

Ben MTS
1

Anyone with a diagram or that can post a picture would be greatly appreciated.