0

Andrea
1

Endless Loop after restore

I repaired my iPad 2 with a new flex cable and new digitizer. Everything was working fine, aside from the rear facing camera not working and some issues with programs opening on their own periodically.

I decided to sell it to upgrade to an iPad 3 and selected to "Erase all content and settings" in the Reset menu. When I did so, it sent the iPad into an endless reboot loop. I've restored it through iTunes and when it was complete iTunes showed that the iPad had been restored. Despite this, the iPad continues to power cycle and hasn't stopped rebooting.

Has anyone had this issue and/or know what I can do to get it past the reboot?

1

kerri
103

sounds like the home button could be depressed in some way. Is the body damaged? Did you put on a new bezel? If there is body damage and you put on a new digi and everything doesn't line up right it will continue to sense the pressure on the home button and send it into this cycle. I repair I pad's all day everyday for a company and have seen several issues like this due to body damage.