0

Romanromanovich
1

Need to replace broken digitizer

My Surface Pro has cracked digitizer. The LCD is OK. There are only scratches on touch screen.

Is it possible to change only the digitizer?

I found some digitizers in China, the seller says that touch screen for Pro and RT versions is equal. But I am not sure that it is true.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English (I am from Ukraine).

0

Pedro
1

Hey I'm in the same boat and I'm also former Ukrainian, hehe :)

So can anyone help us poor Ukrainians please? I cracked digitizer glass on my Surface Pro, and looks like absolutely no one sells replacement online. How is this even possible? Why is this glass so magic no one can get it, while market is flooded by digitizers for RT. But NOT A SINGLE ONE for Pro! WTF PEOPLE?! :(

0

Mark
1

No it's not, the Surface Pro & RT are completely different. The LCD is bonded to the digitizer so you need to replace both.

They are now selling both on Ebay, the digitizer and the LCD separately so it is possible to make your own, if you ever need to you can just replace one or the other.