0

Ruddiah
1

Why is my home button not working?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

The button located at the bottom of the iPod Touch is no longer working (the button that allows you to navigate back home to where all your applications are displayed). As a workaround, I have to completely shut down the iPod and then power it on again. When this happens, then I am able to view the home screen with all the different applications. I have to do this each time I want to go into a different application. Help!!

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

markus weiher
29k

does it stop working out of the blue ?

i've seen a video on youtube - maybe you should try it

Yes it stopped working out of the blue. Thanks for the link. I will check out the video and see if it helps! I'll let you know.

Ruddiah,

0

Ruddiah
1

What was suggested in the video didn't help, but thanks anyway.

0

Louise Woodward
1

I have had the same problem, it did it before, then it randomely started working again, now its broken again! Have you found a soulution yet?x

0

James Bain
1

I had the same problem and used a low-tech resolution. I sprayed contact/control cleaner and lubricant (you can get this at Radio Shack) on the Home button and into the USB opening and excercised the Home button repeatedly. It soon began to work and I have had no further problems. Good luck!

Edited by: James Bain ( )