0

Kendall
1

How can I delete iOS 7 update

I can not figure out how to delete iOS 7 update

Can you fill us in what you mean here?? The OS installed on your phone or where it's located in iTunes when you sync your phone it re-installed (when you don't want it to).

Dan,

I do not want the update any more. Is there a possible way I can get rid of it??

Kendall,

Kendall - I would visit the Apple Store and see what they can do for you.

Dan,

2

helliant1
25

Well, I don't know if you want the iOS 7.0 update on your iPhone to go away or you want iTunes to stop telling you that there is an update available for you every time you connect to the computer?

Then you might mean that you downloaded iOS 7.0 firmware update and its now installed on iPhone. If that is the case, Apple has stopped signing iOS 6.1.4 and because of that, unless you have an iPhone 4, you are stuck with iOS 7! Unless Apple for some reason or another starts signing iOS 6.1 firmware again like back in July, will never happen again.

Since I really don't understand your question, maybe I should ask you as to why you don't want the update anymore, is it to jailbreak your iPhone? It's probably the user interface is too much of a change for you.

If you really don't want the update anymore, my only suggestion for you is to try and trade or sell your phone for a iPhone 4S with an older firmware installed. Good luck and I hope that, if by a small chance, something that I wrote can truely help you out then I did my job!

Edited by: Dan ( )

0

qpunk

the only way you can do this is to have a jail broken phone, the perks with a jailbreak phone is you have the ability to switch to different ios versions whenever you want.

and the bad thing about this is, if you jailbroke your phone when it was ios 5 you can only jump between that point and up, back and forth in your situation if you were able to jail break now you will be stuck at 7 as a starting point unable to go backwards.

i would do what helliant1 said and get a new phone with a lower ios version. the lower the better.

qpunk,