1

kei
13

Can I put an iPhone 5 screen on a 5c?

I wanted to put a white screen on the iPhone 5c. Do you know if its the same component?

2

Dan

First the phone is so new no one has has a chance to even open one up.

Second Apple tends to move things about so the different series don't have interchangeable parts. In this case you likely can't use the older display assembly on the new phone.

Thanks for answering. While I'm aware that the phone isn't released yet, I had asked here on the chance that the ifixit team were familiar with the components. (Since some sites got their hands on various parts). I was trying to make my mind up on preordering a 5c and wanted to pull the trigger if I could put a white face (on the white version).

kei,

Turns out the clips & screws are different (likely due to the plastic shell).

Dan,

2

sales
25

the 5c and 5s LCD and digitizer connector is the same.

BUT... Plastic frame is different, the Home Button hole on 5s is larger (for the fingerprint reader), thus, not interchangeable

Edited by: Dan ( )

2

Peter
25

Of course not,the frame of iPhone 5S is different from iPhone 5C.And the Home button hole is different too.

Before replacing your broken screen,please check carefully what your iPhone model is.

Here is the picture of the difference between iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C LCD Screen:

2

Jerry
25

No,they are differernt, the Difference between iPhone 5 iPhone 5C screen are the frame and LCD flex cable. You can easily recognize them. And iPhhone 5, iPhone 5C,iPhone 5S lcd screen are both different. Please see the picture

1

pargoff
109

from the motherboard images i have seen, the connectors are different between the 5 & 5s so it is highly unlikely that the screens will be compatible.

Edited by: Dan ( )

1

TeamMyPhone
13

The iPhone 5 and 5c are NOT exactly the same. They may operate and run the same but apple changed the internals so that most of the parts are NOT compatible between the two models, screen included.

1

eman05
547

You will not be able to use a iPhone 5 screen on a iPhone 5C then have a different digitizer connectors.

1

MRees
13

Yes, Please do not attempt to buy an iPhone 5 LCD assembly expecting to be able and use it on an iPhone 5C.

The connectors to the mother board are different.

On the iPhone 5, both the LCD and Digitizer connectors are horizontal.

Versus the iPhone 5C;

The digitizer connector is vertical. The LCD connector is horizontal. And, on both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c, the front camera flex cable is also vertical.

The iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C are NOT identical.

0

shawn alfaro
1

So is it possible to put the internals of the 5c inside of the 5s?

No, can't be done

Dan,

0

Shakira
1

Where can I get a 5s motherboard?

0

Jason
1

Please correct me if im wrong, but from what i can make out from various post i have read, is this :-

iphone 5, 5/5c glass compatible, 5 lcd/dig compatible.

iphone 5s, 5s glass compatible, 5s/5c lcd/dig compatible.

iphone 5c, 5/5c glass compatible, 5s/5c lcd/dig compatible.

This info is for glass only repairs, using phones original frame etc...

Do we agree!!!

Edited by: Jason ( )

-1

Jim Rychel
7

Jesus...the misinformation that procures itself on these sight...first of all the 5c and the 5 are exactly the same save for the plastic back housing. The 5c does NOT have the fingerprint scanner that's for the 5s. The screens as well as all other internal parts such as speaker, camera, etc.. are the same. Same for the 4 and 4s screens...exactly the same except for the plastic trim ring around the perimeter. Please learn what you are talking about before you push your information onto others!!

Lol hey Jim the misinformation your giving here is laughable how are the screens interchangeable lmao

con,

This Month: 1,684